Too Many KEYS!

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Are you trying to keep all of those on one ring? I keep a ring for the hitch and my storage unit where my boat and trailer are housed since those get used together. Camper keys are on their own ring. You can upgrade a camper top to work with your keyless entry. All I keep in my pocket is the fob. If I need anything else i grab it out of the console for that specific moment then it goes right back in.

kwill

Observer
Are you trying to keep all of those on one ring? I keep a ring for the hitch and my storage unit where my boat and trailer are housed since those get used together. Camper keys are on their own ring. You can upgrade a camper top to work with your keyless entry. All I keep in my pocket is the fob. If I need anything else i grab it out of the console for that specific moment then it goes right back in.

I only carry the fob and keep everything else on a separate ring in the console like you suggest. It is still a PITA.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I only carry the fob and keep everything else on a separate ring in the console like you suggest. It is still a PITA.

It just comes with the territory of having more crap.

I remember growing up we had a deer camp, fishing camp, motorhome... My dad had a gallon ziplock bag in his truck filled with keys with labels on them. It was laughable.

Even if you go keyless entry with a pad or something, you still need the key for when the batteries die.

plh

Explorer

Well then it depends on your trim level. If you have the TRD package with push button start, then the Bolt product is not compatible. If you have the SR or SR5 with a standard keyed ignition, then the Bolt products are compatible. This is the same keying strategy as 2016.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94