Toasty's Garage

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
With the special socket i was finally able to break those knuckles loose, it took some real effort. Full reverse of the ½ drive titanium Ingersoll, WD40 and lightly striking the inner C with a hammer the inner nuts let loose one by one. The left side of Kevin's has a wedge shaped shim under the outer nut, time for some research.

20180922_152043.jpg

Toasty

Damn straight! Worked on JBFP's 1983 Mighty Max exhaust today. I'm wiped, this week has been a lot of work.

Prescott

Observer
83 mighty max exhaust you say??? Once the new engine is in, I may be making a trip down. Hahahaha, open headers down to Phoenix, what could go wrong lol.

Toasty

Don't get then wrong idea, i avoid exhaust work like the plague. JB and I go way back and i forgot for a second how terrible this was going to be. ?

Toasty

Cut off the leaf spring and shock mounts and tacked together the trusses for a test fit. Seems OK, kind of interferes with the diff breathers. More work...

20180924_122445.jpg

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
hey toast, Seems like another little Y made of tube would made a nice tandem axle stand judging from that last photo.

on the exhaust thing... Mad hatter does great exhaust work in my opinion, kevin's had work done there and might have an opinion too. If you pay cash and be cool, sometimes they're super cool. Likely super cool anyhow if you say you're from Prescott.

Toasty

Now that the Gen 3 is out it's time for more Sliders on this Montero Endeavor. 20180925_121344.jpg

Toasty

Finished the Endeavor siders today, tapped the breather holes on the D44's and machined up some sleeves for PA_JERO to run some poly bushings in his Johnny Joints.

20180927_135301.jpg20180927_204355.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles