Toasty's Garage

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
D44 front at 4.88 and Mitsu 9.5 at 4.90 for PA_JERO and I, alternatively one could do 4.56 and 4.63 gears if you didn't need to be so low. I had that combo in my SAS Mighty Max, you can't get the ratios too far apart though otherwise you could damage your drivetrain.

D44 front at 4.88 and Mitsu 9.5 at 4.90 for PA_JERO and I, alternatively one could do 4.56 and 4.63 gears if you didn't need to be so low. I had that combo in my SAS Mighty Max, you can't get the ratios too far apart though otherwise you could damage your drivetrain.

With that setup, what kind of transfer case work would need to be done. I’d like to go down this road with 37” tires on my 95 SR. Just wondering what kind of freeway speeds I can expect since I still want to be able to drive it around and not be super sluggish. I was tossing around the idea of going with a superduty Dana 60 for the front and a 10.5” Sterling rear, but they are huge and may be more work than needed. These wagoneer axles are pretty hard to find in California. Thanks

Toasty

Geared right, it should. If you get a D44 go 4.88/4.90, if you get 1 tons go deeper like 5.13 or 5.38. Might help with the weight and definitely the 37's.

Aetro

Geared right, it should. If you get a D44 go 4.88/4.90, if you get 1 tons go deeper like 5.13 or 5.38. Might help with the weight and definitely the 37's.
Any reason i should avoid monty with 4.875 gears? I rarely hear about them

Toasty

Any reason i should avoid monty with 4.875 gears? I rarely hear about them
Nope, they're great. The only thing that might suck is if it's a 4 cylinder and has the 7.25" front diff, there aren't many locker options for it but maybe you don't ever plan on adding a locking diff.

Aetro

Nope, they're great. The only thing that might suck is if it's a 4 cylinder and has the 7.25" front diff, there aren't many locker options for it but maybe you don't ever plan on adding a locking diff.
Its a puerto rican 98 SR with a 3.0. So i believe it has the 8" up front, but not sure about the rear axle. Right now im trying to figure out whats needed to swap in the 3.0 from my wrecked 97 sport. Finding out what is required ahead of time is proving difficult with it being an oddball

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne