Toasty's '98 Montero Build

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
So far i haven't done anything exciting, i pulled the Montero transmission, removed the center console and trans wiring. Then i cleaned up the trans tunnel and stuck on some Noico. The SAS'd Monty broke another axle shaft so i've been working on that getting it stripped down for RCVs and i wanted to make some adjustments while it's down PLUS this Wuhan 400 thing is keeping me really busy at work. Now is a really good time to be in the sanitation equipment repair business.

Fj40Dude

I agree my brother is making 5000 full face masks a day in his print shop. They have orders for over 500,000 masks.

Toasty everyone wants to hear that everything fits in your ride.

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
In Michigan too, everyone is cranking out masks. Sewing.....3D printing......even saw one with an insert that you could place your own filter material into. I believe HEPA and some higher rated furnace filters are virus rated.

Toasty

When i catch the 'Rona and they send me home for a quarantine i'll power through and get some real progress on the v8 swap or die trying.

Toasty

Removed the wiring harness from the truck today, getting it unwrapped so i can pair down the ABS circuit. I did the same for the transmission harness, it needs the SuperSelect circuit removed.20200411_145952.jpg

Toasty

Just barely making a small amount of progress, i need to fit heads, valve covers and oil pan next so i can decide it's final location in the engine bay

IMG_20201222_085004_570.jpg

Toasty

Hmmm..... Am I counting correctly? That looks an awe full lot like a small block V8

It most certainly is! 300hp through 5 gears and 4.90 finals, it should be sporty. I'm retaining the Super Select and adding dual torsen LSD's so it should be sticky as well. Maybe down the line i'll add a turby but for now i'm just going to be a regular guy.

Toasty

I never updated my suspension progress! Anyway, i bead blasted the control arms and powder coated them black with red/purple glitter. Then I installed Siberians, they actually looked really cool in person but not too flashy. Then i got to thinking about shocks and decided I'd be extra happy if i had coilovers, unfortunately that means i have to make new control arms ?. Luckily that also means I be able to get it aligned easier and adjust caster properly, so i sold the sparkling arms.

IMG_20201015_162706_229.jpg

I went ahead and powder coated a couple tire carriers, one with the red sparkles and one in baby blue with blue sparkles. I'm liking the blue, i also did a light green but it looks like a park bench.

IMG_20201107_100021_351.jpg
Screenshot_20201223-074227_Instagram.jpg

Toasty

Those control arms look pretty slick. That's a 2UZ-FE right? What's the verdict on will it fit?

Thanks, It's a 1UZ. Seems to fit pretty good actually. Here's a crappy pic from my progress last night, heads and valve covers on. Closer to it's final location

Screenshot_20201227-192031_Instagram.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles