Toasty's '98 Montero Build

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Just been acquiring parts for it, I'll officially start on the swap and stuff once my blue '99 gets out of the garage (assuming i can squeeze it out).

Prescott

Observer
Just been acquiring parts for it, I'll officially start on the swap and stuff once my blue '99 gets out of the garage (assuming i can squeeze it out).

How do you find all of these Monteros? Its like you send out a "Toasty mating call" and they just flock to you. I was just gonna send you a message tonight and let you know I am gonna sell the Mighty max and will be looking for a montero. Let me know if you hear of anything.

Otherwise, I am very excited to watch the thread and see where the motor swap goes.

PacS14

Adventurer
It probably is like when you go to the bar, have one too many, or maybe by choice you pick up a fat chick, then next time you go, quite a few will approach you offering you a drink, lol word of mouth...it wasn't me alright, it happened to a friend lol

Toasty

Still just acquiring parts, not really working yet. Picked up some Enkei wheels, just happened to also have some 33x13" mud tires on them. The truck will be getting 275/65R18 (32x11") all terrains, this will put me in the sweet spot as far as gearing goes for the V8.

20190918_171519.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Very interesting to see the engine UNDER the truck. So you left the radiator in and just removed the bell housing bolts and engine mounts? How did you deal with the torque converter? Or did you drop the tranny also?

Toasty

Very interesting to see the engine UNDER the truck. So you left the radiator in and just removed the bell housing bolts and engine mounts? How did you deal with the torque converter? Or did you drop the tranny also?

Left the trans in place. This engine has two broken connecting rods and does not turn so it had to be pulled with the converter attached. It did require the radiator to be pulled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles