To those with chev express under hood light experience

akskiffer

mine was out. I saw whole units for sale online.
I;ve discovered they're automatic; using a gravity switch
Super touchy
Have any of you rehabbed this fixture?

45Kevin

Adventurer
Mine was working on and off for a while, but I recently took it on very rough roads and now you can hear the switch clunk when you open and close the hood.
I never realized how it worked until your thread.

FlipperFla

Never had an issue with mine, if I am going to be wrenching with the hood open for any extended period of time I unplug it. It has a high current bulb and runs really hot.

stevets

Mine did not work when i bought the van but I could hear the switch working. Took it apart, cleaned the contacts and sliders - which are more or less the same thing - and it works like a champ! Super simple.

FlipperFla

They make led replacement bulbs. They are called rigid loop bulbs, a strip with 12 leds on it. The way it is configured you can install 2 of them back to back. Nice an bright, no more hot high amp bulb to drain your battery when the hood is open for an extended time. EBay 2 for $58ED3DB46-18CB-43E9-9EE2-E001FEF03DEB.jpeg10EB93E7-DC4E-464A-BDC6-C24BD161ABC9.jpeg

Last edited:

ericvs

Might be harder to find, but GM used to have a reel light with an on-off switch. this would be a cool replacement for your current underhood light

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94