To New Adventures - Travel + Photos

Morgan Weafer

I'm proud of this car. It's an example of auto history that continues to exist. It's a car that has largely faded from the road but what hasn't is its undeniable ability to make people smile. To make them remember. Having a time machine to an era I didn't belong to helps me belong. It's my ticket to community. I can't wait to have this wagon tickety-boo. It's the perfect companion for the long cross country drive. For exploring backroads and even the backcountry. Enough clearance and torque to get into trouble. With just enough to get you out.

IMG_9443.jpg

The Eagle has landed

IMG_9445.jpg

On all four

Last edited:

Morgan Weafer

With the Canadian winter in full effect and a certain virus still wreaking havoc. I've been bidding my time whilst researching possible regions to explore. British Columbia has made the short list. Offering an exciting wealth of potential points of interest. The province is home to a plethora of environments with most being accessible year-round. One area I'd like to focus in on would be Vancouver Island. I have family there and I've visited the Island at every opportunity. But I want to reach further and discover more of what it has to offer. As Monty would say, get on with it.

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 10.54.53 PM.png

Fun Fact: Vancouver Island is ranked 43rd largest island on the planet

IMG_1168.jpg

Long Beach inside Pacific Rim National Park Reserve

IMG_1223.jpg

Previous trip to the Island in 2019 with
FarOutWilderness

Morgan Weafer

Winter on the prairies can have the feeling of being unworldly. It brings its own atmosphere. Almost appearing as science fiction. Temperatures drop and the wind faces visually no resistance across open horizon. The sun sets and the sky opens. Leaving the imagination to roam the frozen landscape.

IMG_2193.jpg

Enter the cold front

IMG_2190.jpg

Settlements feel lost to the elements during the frozen winter

IMG_2195.jpg

Snowbound across the prairie

IMG_2194.jpg

Nearly engulfed by the unrelenting weather

IMG_2191.jpg

A legend must weather many storms

Morgan Weafer

Two years ago I discovered minimalism. In that time, Ive pared down significantly. Eliminating the excess to focus in on what really matters. Periodically I will take stock of my belongings and crop out what has cropped up. In a recent audit, I reduced the area of velcro surfaces in my Jeep. This snowballed into having a few extra patches on hand. With my collection minimized I thought of how to re-house these homeless patches. Then I had think. Many people enjoy collecting patches and by extension stickers, while they travel. Small souvenirs to decorate a jacket, a pack or even your vehicle interior. It's the small things. Real life "achievement unlocked" if you will.

IMG_2210.jpg

As travel has been restricted and distancing is encouraged. People aren't able to collect their velcro trophies as widely as before. To combat the growing darkness during these turbulent times. I have idea that just might work. Welcome Patch 4WD. The concept is simple. Send your friend or loved one a patch. Encourage them to do the same. By sharing a patch, you're sparking a bit of light. Making someone's day brighter. We might be apart for the moment but we are always together as a community.

IMG_2212.jpg

For more information please visit https://tonewadventures.ca/patch-4wd

#PatchIt4WD

Last edited:

Morgan Weafer

With the weather improving and cabin fever looming. I decided it was time for another field trip. Winter is still in effect. So some fresh air and open roads might settle that travel bug. Not wanting to spoil the day. I made haste. Gathering my camera equipment and some tea for the drive ahead. The objective was to visit a landmark I had explored years earlier; Castle Butte. This round would serve as an exercise in my ability to document the excursion through video, along with stills.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 4.02.36 PM.png

South and back in Saskatchewan

IMG_1762.jpg

Airing on the side of caution for the road ahead

IMG_2231.jpg

A grain elevator watches over the prairies until time takes it completely

IMG_2234.jpg

Vast prairie opens into badlands

IMG_2235.jpg

The result of ancient glacial meltwater

IMG_2236.jpg

Cattle at large in these parts

IMG_2239.jpg

We have arrived

IMG_2240.jpg

Saskatchewan, Naturally

IMG_2244.jpg

Storming the Castle

IMG_2245.jpg

Welcome to the Big Muddy Valley

Last edited:

Morgan Weafer

IMG_2250.jpg

A natural landmark used over the ages by many including Indigenous, RCMP and settlers

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 12.19.14 AM.jpg

Open top freedom

IMG_2252.jpg

A captivating primative landscape

IMG_2254.jpg

Features inscribed with textures and colour. Courtesy of the dynamic weather on Earth

IMG_2255.jpg

Marietta in her element

IMG_2261.jpg

Discover your own backyard

IMG_2263.jpg

Objective complete returning to base

RemoteMediaFile_6553644_0_2021_02_27_16_08_38.jpg

When the pavement ends the real fun begins

IMG_2267.jpg

Deer crossing the frozen prairie

IMG_2271.jpg

A rather inviting backroad

Last edited:

Morgan Weafer

IMG_2274.jpg

A lonely highway seldom sees traffic during the winter

IMG_2276.jpg

Blue house on the prairie in Kayville, SK

IMG_2284.jpg

Without tenants, It still houses some personality

IMG_2285.jpg

Colour and soul

IMG_2289.jpg

En Route

IMG_2294.jpg

Abandoned to time

IMG_2295.jpg

Welcome to Bin City. Population 'tin'

IMG_2297.jpg

The golden hour is eminent

IMG_2298.jpg

World of Light

Last edited:

Morgan Weafer

Last edited:

Morgan Weafer

IMG_2461.jpg

Smiles before setting off.

IMG_2474.jpg

Casting off into the Douglas Channel, British Columbia.

IMG_2475.jpg

Madeline reeling in the big one.

IMG_2485.jpg

I'm the captain now.

IMG_2489.jpg

Dad in his element.

IMG_2479.jpg

Madeline appears to be enjoying herself.

IMG_3570.jpg

The best birthday gift, time together.

IMG_2413.jpg

Seven Halibut by noon, not too shabby.

IMG_3572.jpg

A successful outing for the Weafer clan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94