TJM Stealth Winch??

samnt650

Has anyone use one of their winch? By the number, the TJM Stealth 10000 lbs winch appears very impressive and has much faster line speed than the Warn 95 xps, at 65% of Warn would cost (USD 1500 vs USD 1000)

Unfortunately I have never seen this winch being used and I am hoping someone can offer an opinion of its operation, how water tight is its gearing & electronic? Anyone tried to claim warranty repair and experience dealing with them. Thanks...

www.tjm.com.au is their site.
www.tjmshenzhen.com is the subsid. where manufacture the winch

H0LLYW00D

Observer
I just mounted one on my truck, looks solid and have done some basic test with it but nothing really strong enough to get a feel for how it works. It came with the wireless and everything needed to install with synthetic line where as the warn 9.5XP I was looking at did not, and my TJM is rated for 10,000lbs.

mrchips

Adventurer
What i liked about my Warn 9.5Xp it has a 6.0HP motor, and made in America, I know price makes a big deal, bought it used,excellent condition paid $800.

krazytoy

Adventurer
What i liked about my Warn 9.5Xp it has a 6.0HP motor, and made in America, I know price makes a big deal, bought it used,excellent condition paid $800.

My 10k stealth has a 7.0hp motor. I have been very happy with it, not a lot of use but I have used it a few times to get out of the mud/snow. No experience with warranty or any of that. Never had an issue. I paid $850 for mine.

samnt650

Krazytoy & Hollywood - do you by chance know what's the factory warranty of the winch? I wonder where to send the winch for service. THANKS...

H0LLYW00D

Observer
i believe warranty is 3 years, I am lucky to have a TJM dealer 20 min from my house that can repair or sent it in for repair if needed, so far so good...knock on wood.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
I researched the heck out TJM winches and bought one, really great value. But got great deal on a used Mile Marker hydraulic, and went that route instead.

Always liked TJM products over ARB. Run two of their bumpers on two different trucks, think their products are very well engineered.

zscott

Adventurer
I have one on my Tacoma. It has only been on about 6 months so durability is yet to be tested. But pulling power is great. I am very satisfied.

X-plorenow

Adventurer
I wrote the article mentioned above and still stand behind it. I have used it over a year and couldn't be more happy. We have used it in extreme conditions for long pulls with no issues. We moved in the fall and around Thanksgiving and we had a 24' Budget truck full of stuff. We had a freak early storm and it was snowy and unusually cold. Our new place was up a rather steep hill and with the turn we had no way of getting it up the hill.

We put our JK in the garage and ran a double line pull with a snatch block and a winch extension down to the truck. It was slow moving but we got the truck up and turned around. It was literally pulling the Jeep out of the garage it was so powerful and we had to stop every so often and back up. We actually have a video of it, I will try and post it soon.

mikeJKUR

Adventurer
I wrote the article mentioned above and still stand behind it. I have used it over a year and couldn't be more happy. We have used it in extreme conditions for long pulls with no issues. We moved in the fall and around Thanksgiving and we had a 24' Budget truck full of stuff. We had a freak early storm and it was snowy and unusually cold. Our new place was up a rather steep hill and with the turn we had no way of getting it up the hill.

We put our JK in the garage and ran a double line pull with a snatch block and a winch extension down to the truck. It was slow moving but we got the truck up and turned around. It was literally pulling the Jeep out of the garage it was so powerful and we had to stop every so often and back up. We actually have a video of it, I will try and post it soon.

Can you post pictures of your set up?

Box Rocket

I have one on my Tacoma. It has only been on about 6 months so durability is yet to be tested. But pulling power is great. I am very satisfied.

Zach, which TJM winch do you have on your truck? A winch is one of the final pieces I need for my truck and the TJM Stealth has been at the top of my list. Maybe I can check yours out sometime?

zscott

Adventurer
Mine is the Stealth 9k. I got it as package deal with my CBI bumper. It came with synthetic line, plug in remote, wireless remote and a huge hook. I am not a huge fan of the size of the hook but it definitely is functional. You are welcome to come check it out sometime. I was thinking of pulling my bumper off sometime to fix some paint so if we coordinate I can have it open when you come.

Box Rocket

Mine is the Stealth 9k. I got it as package deal with my CBI bumper. It came with synthetic line, plug in remote, wireless remote and a huge hook. I am not a huge fan of the size of the hook but it definitely is functional. You are welcome to come check it out sometime. I was thinking of pulling my bumper off sometime to fix some paint so if we coordinate I can have it open when you come.

Any chance you will be at the Cruiser Outfitters BBQ on Aug 1? If you are, maybe I can check it out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste