TJM bumper with Warn XD9000i ?

pevrs114

Gents,

I have been looking at the ARB and TJM plate bumpers. I know the ARB will only work with a detached solenoid winch such as the M8000. Will the TJM T15 or T17 bumper work with an integrated solenoid winch like the XD9000i?

The reason I ask is that I already have an XD9000i sitting in my garage. I have a buddy who will gladly swap me his M8000 for it if that's what I need to fit the bumper (he has my old all-pro off-road bumper on his '90 PU), which of course he makes out the better deal. I would prefer to use the 9K.

Ideas?

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
TJM bumpers with winch.

pevrs114 said:
Will the TJM T15 or T17 bumper work with an integrated solenoid winch like the XD9000i?

Unfortunately the TJM T15 or T17 bumpers will not work with that winch either, same reason as the ARB space limitations. The M8000 with a snatch block would be adequate for your Tacoma.

Cheers :beer:,
P

heeltoe989

Explorer
I use a warn 9.5 xp in an ARB and I love it for my 06 Tacoma. Its got me out of a few tricky spots and I have needed to use a block yet. Loads of power and a fast line pull. Even better when you put synthetic line in it.

Elvota

Observer
I am not that familiar with the Warn 9000 winch, but I will tell you that any winch on a TJM mounts feet forward. Meaning, the feet bolt through the front bumper plate right next to the fairlead.

So, you need horizontal clearance and not vertical clearance.

I have seen a few TJM's modified so the feet will mount down and expose the winch for easier access. Takes a good amount of fab skills for it to turn out well though.

I have the M8000 on my 4Runner with a lot of mods adding a lot of weight and I have zero issues with pull strength... at least so far.

toy_tek

Adventurer
Elvota said:
I have the M8000 on my 4Runner with a lot of mods adding a lot of weight and I have zero issues with pull strength... at least so far.

Whats up Newbie?? :roost:

Actually, good to know about the M8000, since my new TJM will be here next week!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz