TJ/LJ Adjustable Control arms with no Heim Joint?

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I'm hoping to sell my LR3 after we get out of quarantine and Pick of a LJ. I'm not planing to get big tires on this truck as it will not be needed for want I want to do. I want to keep it light with mostly stock kit and a Winch. However I have had TJ's before and I would like to get new solid control arms. I don't want heim joints though way back when Tera Flex made a control arm that you could adjust but that didnt have a Heim. Is anyone makeing something like this? If not Ill just get the Tera Flex Arms and press in so rubber bushing to the Heim.

Thanks

Nate
My old TJ for Reference.
IMG_5242.jpg

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Do you include Johnny Joints when you say Heim?

My brother and I both run Savvy control arms with a combined 100k mikes on them with zero issues.
I love the adjustability while installed.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
@Beowulf yeah I think of Johnny Joints as Heims. Really I just want to stay away from any Flex joint and stick with Rubber at both ends of the control arms. I want to keep the service intervals of down and I don't need max flex anyway.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I totally would go with Savvy as they are the real deal, but you might also check out Currie. I had their short arm kit and with a 1" BL, the 4.5" AEV progressive coils and Rancho adjustable shocks was a pretty good combination.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
@nwood I look on there site looks like all there arms have Johnny Joints and I want to keep the the Mounts on both ends as rubber bushings.

toddz69

Explorer
Perhaps a compromise with the MetalCloak Duroflex joints? They're supposed to be a nice compromise between the stock rubber and higher durometer flex joints like Johnny Joints, etc.

Todd Z.

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
I would call Dirk at DPG Offroad. The man is a Jeep suspension guru and probably can get you set up with a really sweet custom suspension.

Tell him exactly how you plan to build your Jeep and he'll do the rest.

wstuebing

Daz7

If you aren't needing the benefits of the Currie/Savvy arms, just go adjustable Rubber jointed arms, there's a whole heap of them out there. Double adjustable versions allow you to make the setup adjustments without removing one end of the arm, so might be of benefit.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Thanks for all the reply yeah I definitely want rubber at both ends of the arms this. The toughest offered conditions it will see will be unmaintained forest service roads. It’s just to get me into the back country for climbing. Now I just need to get My LR3 sold.

ThePartyWagon

I'd also recommend Core 4x4, they're a local business out here in Utah and I've had good experiences running their lower control arms and track bar system on my XJ. They can offer rubber at both ends or JJ, whatever you prefer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles