Titan spare tire replacement fuel tank

Explorerinil

Observer
Ok th tank is installed and up and running! I don’t have the best pics as it warmed up from negative 22 to 0 and we just got 4 inches of snow on top of the 15 through 20 that’s sitting on the ground. Anyway here are my initial thoughts, I filled the tank with 30 gallons and on the ride home I transferred 10 over. The transfer took forever, that pump could be faster if titan wanted to improve things, although I don’t know if it’s due to the cold or it’s just plain slow. The other negative thing I noticed was the controller, they could have spent more time designing that with a better gauge. Everything else looks great, I am impressed that it doesn’t hang down lower than the factory spare tire.18129D36-D525-405B-B8CF-9908E3FC24ED.jpeg33992BDD-AAD5-490D-810C-7431D1CBD95E.jpeg

Kingsize24

Good deal that you have it in and running. I look forward to better pics once the weather there is better and allows for it. Thanks!

Explorerinil

Observer
Good deal that you have it in and running. I look forward to better pics once the weather there is better and allows for it. Thanks!
I am ready for better weather, it’s suppos to be 54 degrees this weeekend, I’ll get some better pics in the light then. Plus I’ll give it a good test. So far I’m happy with it, beats carrying several gas cans in the bed, plus I get some extra weight in the rear which helps in bad weather.

Sadly this project (my ram truck build) is about done, I only got 2 more things on my list to complete things, then I’ll just build things stronger as they break. 3 years in, 7 more to go, I plan on keeping this truck 10 years.

onebadtj

I have a Titan on my 2017 Prospector and I love it. It works like a charm and keeps me away from the diesel pump as often. Bad part is the $150 fuel stops. Picture of filler neck in the bed.

Attachments

• 036F4B35-1A7C-414E-B8CA-95DBA2AF3D17.jpeg
    036F4B35-1A7C-414E-B8CA-95DBA2AF3D17.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 57

Explorerinil

Observer
I couldn’t get the fuel door to fit with the decked system, the tank fills up easily dispite being in there kinda tight next to the decked box.

Last edited:

Kingsize24

Looks damn good IMO! Any issue with interior smell in the topper coming from the vent or cap? I actually like that it is sort of secured in there. No fuel thief would think twice to look in there for a filler. Thanks for the better pics!

Explorerinil

Observer
Looks damn good IMO! Any issue with interior smell in the topper coming from the vent or cap? I actually like that it is sort of secured in there. No fuel thief would think twice to look in there for a filler. Thanks for the better pics!
No smell, I was kinda torn on mounting it outside Incase I ever get an in bed camper, but I don’t care for the look of it mounted on the bedside. I agree with you, it’s hidden so I worry less about theft or someone dumping something into it.

Kingsize24

No smell, I was kinda torn on mounting it outside Incase I ever get an in bed camper, but I don’t care for the look of it mounted on the bedside. I agree with you, it’s hidden so I worry less about theft or someone dumping something into it.

Good deal, Thanks! I have some thinking to do then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94