Tires for Lightweight Vehicles

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
There are many tires in load range C that will work perfectly fine for an Amigo, no need to complicate such a simple task.

chasespeed

Explorer
The 265/16 LR-C, DuraTracs since you're in Maine. Those are all I ran on my service vans(4wd) and my personal trucks, for the last several years. NO complaints. Just, rotate them. I usually did it each oil change.

Currently running the same size in the NEW BFG KO2s. Load range E. They replaced a set of load range C Goodyears(Not DuraTracs, Silent Armor), and so far, I'm pretty damn impressed. This, coming from someone, that said, they'd NEVER own another set of BFG ATs. The Jeep feels tons better than it did with the old rubber.... These are soft though. I don't know long they'll last under this.

So, as someone mentioned, don't let the load range E scare you.

Which Amigo do you have? The last gen, or original?

Sorry, just saw you ordered your tires already.....

Chase

apgamer

Thanks for the input, guys.

It's a second-gen 1999 Amigo with the 3.2 V6 and the 5spd manual, I think it will be happy on the C tires.

MOguy

Explorer
If you want a tire that will handle more punishment that off-roading dish out get a tire designed for off roading, not for carrying more weight. A load range E tire may have a stronger sidewall than the same tire with a C rating but it is really designed to carry a heavier load not having a stronger side wall.

The Goodyear MTRs have a strong side wall and available with a C rating and will have a stronger side wall than any E rate tire other than an E rated tire with a reinforced side wall such as another MTR. If they are available in the correct size they may be something to consider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior