Tired of all the "crap" RTT's. So I made my own. - TERRAPOD!

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
FINALLY...the last piece of the puzzle is here. (Can Covid just end, now?)

krg9VO9.jpg

JJBiggs

Quick production update:

We know we are not the only one's out there, but here's a sample of what we are dealing with...
Everything is from raw materials to even fasteners is being affected by a short supply or a long lead time...

Thus...pushing everything.

This has all happened within the past 2 months. We did make accommodations for the First Edition and 2nd round of production. However, some of the lead times happened in the middle of all this (...not cool). :(

I completely understand this is not the news you wanted to hear. We don't like it either and ask for a little patience. There's a lot at play here that is way out of our control. I ask again...if anyone can magically make this Covid crap disappear, that'd be great. (y)

For happier news - we are putting together a Rhino-Rack order. For all First Edition purchasers, we are offering 20% OFF ALL Rhino-Rack products. If you would like to include anything from mounts to accessories, including awnings and more, let us know ASAP. Once this order is sent, the discount is gone.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers.
Chad

HXLzkFD.jpg

lwg

It sounds like round 2 might have all, or most, of the build materials for production? Either way I’m still in and support what your doing.

Patiently awaiting the 2nd round!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JackW

Explorer
No worries, we understand that there are things way beyond your control and it really isn't camping season yet. Just keep teasing us with some under construction pics to keep us entertained. Little details of your design ideas are always fun to keep us distracted.

JJBiggs

Looks great. I would like to see the whole unit mounted as a Tonneau cover on the bed rails of a pickup truck (with heavy duty struts).
Easy entry into tent with lowered tail gate.

Interesting idea. The tent is 93" long. Would have to be a long bed to accommodate that.

C

lwg

What’s the latest on Round 2? At this point do you think they’ll be out by April/May?

JJBiggs

Terrapod was recently challenged by Boundarylesstraveler on IG to show a photo of someone standing on an open tent.

Challenge accepted. :cool:

P7Rp2gC.jpg

VTJKU

1" shy of a wrangler hardtop length. Hmmmmmm? That is one big tent, but the thing profile could look great. Congrats on the accomplishment. Really awesome looking tent.

JJBiggs

Folks...we were going to ship out on Friday. Very glad we did not. Major delay with freight, UPS and FedEx happening in the midwest right now. (In fact, a set of shocks I am waiting is stuck out there.)

Hoping to get these out the door this week.

yDPycxQ.jpg

lwg

What’s the plan once these are finished from a production standpoint?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz