Tired of all the "crap" RTT's. So I made my own. - TERRAPOD!

JackW

Explorer
I went to visit Terrapod World Headquarters today and I am extremely impressed with the job Chad has done incorporating new ideas into the final production version
- not that the prototypes weren't already some of the best thought out roof tents I've seen - but the improved version is absolutely a great product. This will definitely be a big step up from my old Maggiolina.
Since I spent over 30 years as a manufacturing engineer at Lockheed I was very pleased with what I saw since we both have a background with large aircraft companies and understand building things.
If anyone has any doubts about the quality going into these tents - don't worry. I've been following this project for a while and I'm looking forward to putting my Terrapod to good use on my Defenders.

DEFENDER-IN-FIELD.jpg

Last edited:

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
I went to visit Terrapod World Headquarters today and I am extremely impressed with the job Chad has done incorporating new ideas into the final production version
- not that the prototypes weren't already some of the best thought out roof tents I've seen - but the improved version is absolutely a great product. This will definitely be a big step up from my old Maggiolina.
Since I spent over 20 years as a manufacturing engineer at Lockheed I was very pleased with what I saw since we both have a background with large aircraft companies and understand building things.
If anyone has any doubts about the quality going into these tents - don't worry. I've been following this project for a while and I'm looking forward to putting my Terrapod to good use on my Defenders.

Very kind of you, Jack. Thank you. To have the eyes of an experienced aerospace engineer see what we have applied...means a lot.
It was a pleasure to have you stop by. Thanks for taking the time. Terrapod's first official visitor!

Cheers.
Chad

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Actual picture of Jack the day he picked up his Defendor

Defendor.jpg

Chad/Smitty, are you coming to CFW? You can really show off the RTTs there. Should be some brisk morning air at Crawford's...

smittycrusher

Adventurer
Chad/Smitty, are you coming to CFW? You can really show off the RTTs there. Should be some brisk morning air at Crawford's...

What is CFW?

j/k ?

I need to look into it and see when it is. I assume January 2021. This will put me at the mercy of my son’s basketball schedule. I will check it out.

Smitty

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
What is CFW?

j/k ?

I need to look into it and see when it is. I assume January 2021. This will put me at the mercy of my son’s basketball schedule. I will check it out.

Smitty
MLK weekend (extended, Thurs-Mon) at good old Crawford's.

How old is Davis now? Is he driving?
...it's soooo cool when they start to drive...

And it's amazing how they grow up and we don't age a day. Camping keeps you young. ;)

JJBiggs

An industry first is coming in early 2021. Following the First Edition Production we will open up pre-orders.

3mfOJ9K.png

JJBiggs

Kickstarter is almost complete - What's next?

First and foremost...we are pleased to announce the First Edition RTTx tent production is SOLD OUT. Thank you to all who have chosen Terrapod and welcome to the Terrapod Family. We're glad your here.

Our Kickstarter campaign is officially complete on Nov 15th. Moving forward, each of our customers will receive a welcome email with a complete breakdown of what is to come.

In the meantime, here is what you can expect from Terrapod:

• Once production commences, you will receive an email containing your First Edition Serial Number as well as your place in production.
• Production timeline: Assembly for all 25 units is expected to take approximately 3-4 weeks.
• Tents will be shipped out as they are completed, in the order we have received purchases.* (the sooner your ordered, the sooner you will receive your RTTx)
• Accessories: If you ordered any Rhino-Rack accessories or mounts, special package pricing will be provided and we will be able to ship those items sooner.
• Once your tent is in the cue for production, we will notify you. You will even receive photos of your tent being assembled.
• If you have chosen to pick up your tent at our Gainesville, GA location, we will apply the Kickstarter Shipping fee to your overall purchase price, or happily provide you with a refund for that amount.
• Local pickup: Due to Covid restrictions, we will require you to contact us to setup an appointment. Please wear a mask upon arrival.
• Shipping: We are presently working with FedEx Freight, ABS, and others to determine the best price for shipping your RTTx. The $350 shipping fee was an estimate. Should the total be less, we will apply the difference to your tent and/or accessory purchase.

* Please note - material lead times, shipping and other items have been severely impacted by Covid-19. We will do our very best to get your RTTx to you in a reasonable timeframe. Unfortunately, some things are out of our control. While we are not expecting any delays, should a delay happen, we will be in constant communication with our customers. Thank you for you understanding.

That is all for now. We cannot wait to see our RTTx in the hands of our customers. Thank you for being a part of the adventure. We look forward to meeting each and every one of you.

Adventure Simple.

Chad

JackW

Explorer
@JackW --- I fully expect you to stop by here on the way home with yours and show it to me. I'll even spring for lunch.

Not a problem - except you won't fit in the one I'm getting - being the oversize human that you are.. that mention above of the RTTx-SOLO ? I've volunteered to be the test dummy for that one. We're guessing around 75 lbs....
I went and visited Terrapod World Headquarters a couple of weeks ago - its a very impressive design - the modular construction is open to all sorts of neat possibilities. The standard model is big enough for you, Mirtes and Jesse.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Not a problem - except you won't fit in the one I'm getting - being the oversize human that you are.. that mention above of the RTTx-SOLO ? I've volunteered to be the test dummy for that one. We're guessing around 75 lbs....
I went and visited Terrapod World Headquarters a couple of weeks ago - its a very impressive design - the modular construction is open to all sorts of neat possibilities. The standard model is big enough for you, Mirtes and Jesse.
Kos will have to assemble that one then. Chad's an inch taller than I am.
....we'll be able to fit two Mikeys in there though... ;)

Can't wait to see it. Very slick product. Chad always builds neat stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles