Tired of all the "crap" RTT's. So I made my own. - TERRAPOD!

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
ATTENTION ALL TERRAPOD RESERVATION HOLDERS:

When your tent reaches the production queue, you will be contacted by Kos to confirm your order and pay for your tent. He will try you 3 TIMES. After that, your order will be deferred and we will move on to the next reservation in line.

In order to maintain a production workflow, we must do this. Please respond in a reasonable timeframe.

Thank you.

- Terrapod Mgt Team

Last edited:

JJBiggs

TERRAPOD ANNOUNCEMENT!

Ladies and Gents...Terrapod is proud to announce our partnership with Rhino Adventure Gear located in Fremont and San Marcos, CA. Rhino Adventure Gear is now an authorized Terrapod dealer and will be our West Coast distribution hub.

In addition - Come by and see the latest Terrapod RTTx XL in person at the Overland Expo West at Rhino Adventure Gear's Booth. Terrapod Santa will also be there in person. (Please do not sit on his lap. Could get awkward.)

kAiJ16w.jpg

JackW

Explorer
I've watched Chad develop and prototype this tent for years - with his background in design and experience in the aircraft industry (building them - not flying them) - its a very well thought out and executed design.
After watching this project from his first prototype to the latest production models I was eager to support his kickstarter campaign and purchase one of his first production models.
I sold a perfectly serviceable and comfortable Maggiolina (which are great tents but heavier and taller) to get my Terrapod. I'm excited that Chad will be able to show the results of his hard work at Expo.
He has a great passion for this project and the talents to bring it all together. I just wish I was able to be there as well to show off my tent and help promote them. The materials and quality in this roof tent are top notch.
There is no way he would ever let this project go to China - he's invested too much of himself in it.

BMCD21-196.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
USA...period. If we moved production over there, quality would go into the toilet. I will not let that happen.

C
Hey,
Congrats on the Rhino deal; great products from them.

Tell Kos to watch out for bootleggers at the Expo copying your design. Just ask @BritKLR about knockoffs these days.

JJBiggs

OVERLAND EXPO WEST - Terrapod is there!

Howdy folks! Are you planning on attending Overland Expo West? The very latest Terrapod RTTx XL tent will be on display. It's the perfect chance to get hands on and see the quality of our tents.

We are at the following location:
Rhino Adventure Gear Booth P67: 35.140649, -111.692140

n8dnPEE.jpg

Location Details:
CerlbnJ.jpg

JJBiggs

Overland Expo West - The Terrapod Early Reveal

Overall - OExW Was a huge success. Booth traffic was impressive with a ton of people stopping by to check out the Terrapod RTTx XL. Big thanks to Rhino Adventure Gear for letting us tag along in their booth. We really appreciated the opportunity to display their exclusive brand colored RTTx.

If you didn't get a chance to check out the RTTx, fear not...We have our own booth at Overland Expo East with a lot more goodness to show off.

Cheers!

HZSqyOY.jpg

UJebdFx.jpg

JJBiggs

-- TERRAPOD PRODUCTION UPDATE: 10/05/21 --

Supply chain shortages and delays have continued to run rampant. The crazy part, it is completely random. One week rivets are in short supply with a ridiculous lead time, the next it is something completely bizarre, like no scotch tape. Just crazy.

Production is still very much underway and we are doing our very best to maintain an ongoing inventory of parts and materials. Tents are being completed and delivered, although not at the pace we truly want. (We truly want you guys to have your tents.)

Reservations: The list is growing weekly. So...if you are considering purchasing a Terrapod RTTx XL or SOLO, we recommend getting your reservation in sooner than later. The longer you delay, the longer the wait will be for the tent...purely due to the numbers.

To current customers: ABSOLUTELY LOVE seeing you guys out in the field enjoying our creation. Keep on sharing photos of your trips. We love seeing them.

-- Overland Expo East --

PLEASE NOTE - Shop will be closed while we attend OExE.

OExE is going to be Terrapod's reveal party. We have a booth and will be there....rain or shine. In our booth we will have a brand new XL as well as a SOLO. (Big thanks to J. Walter for letting us borrow his SOLO for use at the show.) Please stop by, say hello and snag some swag (while it lasts.)

nLeBN3a.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
... no scotch ...
Please never ever put those words next to each other again. Please.

And bring Balvenie (and your tents) to Country Fried Weekend. You haven't been in a while.
Kos' grandsons are growing so fast. They were shooting bb guns this past January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles