Tired of all the "crap" RTT's. So I made my own. - TERRAPOD!

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
Production Update - 04/06/21

Tents are backing up in the assembly area and I am happy to announce - Freight shipping has FINALLY been sorted out and the first shipment has been shipped. Once we know the verdict of that shipment (as in...not destroyed by a forklift), we will push forward with the rest.

READ THIS >> A reminder. We are still...just like practically every industry within the US...being affected by delays in even the most basic of raw materials and supplies. Many of which have added ridiculously fluid timelines on essential components and parts.

We kindly ask for patience and understanding. While we are trying our very best to keep things moving, much of the problem is out of our control. Besides...We want you guys to have your tents! Far too much effort has gone into making this all happen.

The next four are presently on final approach and those customers have been contacted.

Cheers. Adventure Simple.

C

Shigeta

W6EXP
I just placed my reservation for a RTTx last week, wait times be damned. I've been following since the prototype days and this is the only tent I've been able to find that's been rather extensively tested (and whose successes and setbacks in testing have been made transparently available to the public).

Plug 'n play, low profile, sturdy as hell, made here in the US... I think this one is gonna be worth the wait.

JJBiggs

I just placed my reservation for a RTTx last week, wait times be damned. I've been following since the prototype days and this is the only tent I've been able to find that's been rather extensively tested (and whose successes and setbacks in testing have been made transparently available to the public).

Plug 'n play, low profile, sturdy as hell, made here in the US... I think this one is gonna be worth the wait.

Cheers man. Appreciate that. ?

JackW

Explorer
Just spent some time this afternoon adjusting the mounts I installed in the rain, building an auxiliary ladder track (due to how I elected to mount the tent slightly inboard of the roof rack side rail to protect it and getting a look at the vast amount of empty real estate that is still exposed on the roof rack. Since there's not a lot of interior space in a Defender 90 once the fridge, clothes, and food go in this is sure to come in handy.

IMG_20210415_130841888_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210415_145559237_HDR.jpg

JJBiggs

Howdy Folks...

Welp...we got hosed by our first freight experience. Terrapod's very first customer, was delivered a trashed tent. We have ABF Freight to thank for that.
So...for now, we have decided to offer "white-glove" delivery to groups of regionally centric customers. Meaning - those within the same vicinity that we can group together and make a "route". Today...our own Terrapod "Santa" set out to do just that.

First leg is complete - 1 of 2 tents delivered. More to come. Stay tuned.

EJlPo4O.jpg

bgxzd5J.jpg

JJBiggs

Production Update / Status - 04/28/21

PROGRESS!!

Production is finally ramping up. With the addition of new staff in the sewing department, we are finally able to increase the production speeds of the tents. 5 more will be going out within the next week and more to come as assembly times are increasing.

Materials update: Covid-19 is STILL affecting the supply of raw materials. That said - we were notified by our composites partner that our order of panels for the first portion of this year has been greenlit for production. This is huge! We were told delays could be be as long as 14 weeks. And frankly...that's a lot.

Pricing of materials has also been impacted. While we do not expect a price increase for 2021. 2022 will be re-evaluated if things do not improve.

Overall - over half of the first 25 units have been delivered. With assembly speeding up, we anticipate wait times will reduce. So...thank you for your patience. We are continuing forward and working hard to deliver you the most robust, well-built vehicle made.

Thanks for your continued support. Onwards!

QWrIy4b.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Howdy Folks...

Welp...we got hosed by our first freight experience. Terrapod's very first customer, was delivered a trashed tent. We have ABF Freight to thank for that.
So...for now, we have decided to offer "white-glove" delivery to groups of regionally centric customers. Meaning - those within the same vicinity that we can group together and make a "route". Today...our own Terrapod "Santa" set out to do just that.

First leg is complete - 1 of 2 tents delivered. More to come. Stay tuned.

EJlPo4O.jpg
Santa Koz; love it.

JJBiggs

Update #2 - The fuel BS in the south.

Hey everyone...we are unable to do the Texas Terrapod Santa run this weekend as we had previously planned, due to the slight fuel debacle in South. That said - we are rescheduling another run for next weekend. Texas customers - git ready. Terrapod Santa is coming your way soon.

C

lwg

Update #2 - The fuel BS in the south.

Hey everyone...we are unable to do the Texas Terrapod Santa run this weekend as we had previously planned, due to the slight fuel debacle in South. That said - we are rescheduling another run for next weekend. Texas customers - git ready. Terrapod Santa is coming your way soon.

C

Colorado is soon I hope!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles