Tired of all the "crap" RTT's. So I made my own. - TERRAPOD!

JackW

Explorer
Have the nose pieces for the SOLO model arrived yet? No shipping required for that one - the D90 is ready and waiting to drive up and get dressed up in its new tent.

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
Have the nose pieces for the SOLO model arrived yet? No shipping required for that one - the D90 is ready and waiting to drive up and get dressed up in its new tent.

The nose panels have been received for the XL. The SOLO still has a few parts that are to be completed. Hoping for them this week.

In other news - We are opening up orders for the XL and SOLO beginning Monday at 12pm ET.

C

lwg

The nose panels have been received for the XL. The SOLO still has a few parts that are to be completed. Hoping for them this week.

In other news - We are opening up orders for the XL and SOLO beginning Monday at 12pm ET.

C

Is the XL the original Terrapod? Or is it bigger?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JJBiggs

It's happening. Today...at noon ET.

TWqRJTn.jpg

Reactions: plh

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Interesting idea. The tent is 93" long. Would have to be a long bed to accommodate that.

C
Mounted on top of an RSI topper as a cab-over, super duper camper.

JackW

Explorer
Chad --- did your dad ever make RTTs?

Jack --- don't forget to swing by the lab after you mount the tent. I'm eager to check it out.
Bill-
You ought to drive over to Gainesville to Terrapod World Headquarters and check them out in person. It's the little details and overall design that Chad has incorporated into these things that convinced me to give up a perfectly usable Maggiolina for something that I think is far better. Seeing the component parts and how they are put together is very impressive.

JJBiggs

Mounted on top of an RSI topper as a cab-over, super duper camper.

Technically goes against everything Terrapod is about with the weight of that thing.

C

JJBiggs

Very proud to report - the very first production RTTx has been delivered! - Thanks Andy, and welcome to the Terrapod Clan!

Installation notes: RTTx XL installed on a 200 Series Land Cruiser to a Prinsu Rack via Terrapod adapter brackets.

Side note - While the RTTx can be installed on virtually any rack, our testing has shown for best results, mounting on low profile uprights provides the best low profile, lightweight solution. Uprights tested to date are ARB's Rack Fitting Kit and Rhino-Rack's Backbone3. Both work very well.

Lq36seK.jpg

OHB1iJR.jpg

84P5YwI.jpg

Prinsu brackets:
A7WhEkF.jpg

JackW

Explorer
Seven dwarfs if they sleep crosswise... Chad is one of those oversize humans so he made a tent long enough for him to stretch out in.
Looks great guys - I especially like your installation crane rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94