Tire sizes for a Tacoma

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
I appreciate that,

I have been eyeing 235s for a few years now since I am on my third 4-cyl Tacoma.

I'll probably stay stock rims for a while anyways.
And the idea of pizza cutters I like, Just gotta commit and pull the trigger on them.

MCObray

Explorer
I just put on a set of Michelin LTX A/T 2s on my 2002 Toyota Tacoma DC. I went with a 265/70/16 (stock size) as I don't have any plans in the coming years to lift / bumper / armor. I wanted to be practical with my needs for current day and see how it plays out. Overall, I have always been pleased with Michelin product tires so can't wait to get some miles under this set.

If I could've got the BFG T/A KO2s in a 265/70/16 in Load Range C, that would've been ideal. Unfortunately they only make the tire in a Load Range E, which would've been overkill for my needs.

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
True, true....

I have been eyeballing the Goodyear Duratracs as they come in a 265/75/R16 Load Range C,
More than likely I am going to end up in a decent Cooper I think. I have a local guy just up the road that has a small shop
and he has always had a Turbo Supra that just makes you piss yourself whenever you hear it. It's one of those
single turbo conversions knocking on 1,000 RWHP. Anyways I want to be nice and try and keep my money local if possible.

deadbeat son

Explorer
I just put on a set of Michelin LTX A/T 2s on my 2002 Toyota Tacoma DC. I went with a 265/70/16 (stock size) as I don't have any plans in the coming years to lift / bumper / armor. I wanted to be practical with my needs for current day and see how it plays out. Overall, I have always been pleased with Michelin product tires so can't wait to get some miles under this set.

If I could've got the BFG T/A KO2s in a 265/70/16 in Load Range C, that would've been ideal. Unfortunately they only make the tire in a Load Range E, which would've been overkill for my needs.

We have those tires on my wife's 4th gen 4Runner, and they really do well in all sorts of conditions. Her truck doesn't see a lot of off road use and discount tire added siping, but they have been great for her in all sorts of weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier