Tire pressures - LT / Load E

docster

What do your for tire pressure on your LT Load range E tires?

Unloaded - 45 front/ 40 rear
Towing over 5k lbs - 65 all around (max 85 on tire)
Off road - 15-20 range if I air down.

I am wondering if I should be more like 38f/35r unloaded.

What are you doing and how’s the ride/wear?

TwinDuro

Top of the morning Docster! Not sure what kind of rig you're running, but here is what I do for mine with 285/75R16 BFG Load-range E K02s. They're on a 1992 Chevrolet K1500, regular cab, short bed pickup that weighs in at around 4,650lbs over the scales.

Unloaded: 36psi front and rear
Towing: 3-5k - 55psi all around
Offroad: 13-20psi depending on terrain (13ish for the sand, 15 for mixed soft terrain and 20 for rough dirt roads)

I haven't put a ton of miles on these tires (about 10k) but so far the wear has been pretty even with normal rotations. I probably should run less pressure in the back when unloaded, but haven't seen any issues with tire wear yet, so I haven't fiddled with these numbers too much.

Hope this is helpful, cheers!

Reactions: plh

buellconvert

What do your for tire pressure on your LT Load range E tires?

Unloaded - 45 front/ 40 rear
Towing over 5k lbs - 65 all around (max 85 on tire)
Off road - 15-20 range if I air down.

I am wondering if I should be more like 38f/35r unloaded.

What are you doing and how’s the ride/wear?
I have the 285/75r17 BFG All-Terrain T/A K02s (E rated) on my 2016 Silverado and I run 38psi fronts and 35psi rears and they're wearing great and are a very comfortable tire, especially for an E rated tire. I am probably down to less than half tread now, but they're still running great! I am most likely going to go with the Falken Wildpeaks in the same size once these do finally wear out. I always base the pressures on the specific tire I'm running though, I'll do a chalk test and base the pressures on those results. That's how I came to these pressures that I am currently running.
f96b508ff0194dc004ca4934373d7252.jpg

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
if I’m hitting the highway I bump them up to 40 but for most driving I find 34 works well for me.

Superduty

Adventurer
I have the 285/75r17 BFG All-Terrain T/A K02s (E rated) on my 2016 Silverado and I run 38psi fronts and 35psi rears and they're wearing great and are a very comfortable tire, especially for an E rated tire. I am probably down to less than half tread now, but they're still running great! I am most likely going to go with the Falken Wildpeaks in the same size once these do finally wear out. I always base the pressures on the specific tire I'm running though, I'll do a chalk test and base the pressures on those results. That's how I came to these pressures that I am currently running.

What kind of silverado? is that a 1500?

I have an F350 CC 4wd with 7.3 diesel. I have usually run my pressures up in the 65 - 70 psi range. What tire pressures are people running heavier trucks at?

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Tundra with a Four Wheel Camper on full time. I have 35" E-Rated Toyo ATII Extreme's and I keep them at 55psi. When we hit gravel roads I will sometimes air down to 35psi (if I'm not too lazy to stop). I have not taken them down below 30psi with the camper on, and seem to have good traction wherever is needed.

buellconvert

What kind of silverado? is that a 1500?

I have an F350 CC 4wd with 7.3 diesel. I have usually run my pressures up in the 65 - 70 psi range. What tire pressures are people running heavier trucks at?
Yes sir, sorry about that I should have specified that it's a 1500. I am sure that my single cab short bed 4x4 is quite a bit lighter than your F350 CC with that big diesel...

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Good document, I missed this!

FYI I am in a 2012 F150 with 275/70/18 Nokia’s Hakapellitta LTs.
The name of the those tires reads like an eye chart. "Can
Tundra with a Four Wheel Camper on full time. I have 35" E-Rated Toyo ATII Extreme's and I keep them at 55psi. When we hit gravel roads I will sometimes air down to 35psi (if I'm not too lazy to stop). I have not taken them down below 30psi with the camper on, and seem to have good traction wherever is needed.
I have those tires too in a 35-12.50-17. My truck and camper weigh a total of 8650# with a wet Northstar popup. It's a 5.9 Cummins. I run mine at 55# all the way around. These tires are strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles