Tire Options

fnjeep314

Observer
I have a GX460 and currently am running A/T's but currently most of my driving is tarmac. I have a spare set of wheels that I am thinking about putting a set of more road bias tires that are going to be capable of towing and some lite off roading (fire road type stuff). I figure when I want to do more aggressive off roading, Ill put my A/T's back on. I feel like I am just wasting a set of A/T's for the daily driving around.

I was thinking something like:
Yokohama Geolander A/T G015
General Grabber APT
Cooper Adventure A/T
Cooper Discoverer HTP
Cooper Discoverer ATP

Or are there better options out there that are going to be a better way to go for my need. I have always had A/T's or MT's or straight up road tires for cars, so this middle grey area I am not familiar with.

bkg

Explorer
I currently have General Grabber AT2's on my 4Runner in LR D
I have Grabber APT on the Doublecab.
The F350 and the GenV 4Runner have Falcon Wildpeaks...

Next set of tires for the doublecab or 3rd gen will likely be Wildpeaks.

Had two sets of Coopers... they seemed to get loud with time.

fnjeep314

Observer
I currently have General Grabber AT2's on my 4Runner in LR D
I have Grabber APT on the Doublecab.
The F350 and the GenV 4Runner have Falcon Wildpeaks...

Next set of tires for the doublecab or 3rd gen will likely be Wildpeaks.

Had two sets of Coopers... they seemed to get loud with time.
I have been eyeballing the Generals. I have Wildpeaks now, but like I said, I am currently driving all super slab right now. Also going to the road tires, I will be going stock size and that should help with mpg's and acceleration since my Wildpeaks are larger than stock.

I have have Coopers a bunch of times before and they have been good. I have a set on my wifes van and another set on my commuter car. So far so good.

justjames

Spent 40+ years as a tire dealer, lots of good tires now but the Michelin LTX is still at the top of the heap. phsycle said it in the above post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles