Tire deflator kit??

HAFICON

Adventurer
Hello,

So I tried searching a few thing and came up with nothing. I am looking into a quality adjustable tire deflator kit. I want a 4 price so I can do all tires at once. I do not want to over pay for a kit but I will not buy a cheap kit that is junk.

Thanks,
James

MarkK

I have been using the JT Brooks automatic tire deflators for the last couple years. Easy to set to your desired psi and easy to change if you want.
I have been pleased with the product.

HAFICON

Adventurer
I have been using the JT Brooks automatic tire deflators for the last couple years. Easy to set to your desired psi and easy to change if you want.
I have been pleased with the product.

I just looked those up.. They look nice price is not bad either...

I bought the Viair tire deflation gauge it sucks..

Tazman

Adventurer
i bought a set of these. I won't buy crap that will have a short life or disappoint in performance. I bought these and am very satisfied thus far.

image.jpeg

thethePete

Explorer
Absolutely love my ARB deflator. Sure you're not doing all 4 at once, but it drains so fast that shouldn't matter, and it has an ANSI rated gauge on it that's bang on to my Snap-On gauge at work. Takes me less than 10 minutes to drain all 4 of my 31"s from 35psi to 20psi, and I know exactly what I drained them to because I'm using a gauge. Very easy to use and you can't lose the valve core.

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Here is another vote for the Staun deflators...

If all else fails use a key and patience.
I never found that deflating to more than 15 psi was worth the trouble, normally I run 10-12 psi maximum, when I bother to air down (very difficult terrain or harder).
Highway pressure, minimum load/empty in the 35s is around 24-27 psi in the Jeep.
BUT... every vehicle is different.

Enjoy!

MTSN

Explorer
Staun here as well. I've been using my set regularly for 5 years and plan to indefinitely. They're worth the investment.

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Absolutely love my ARB deflator. Sure you're not doing all 4 at once, but it drains so fast that shouldn't matter, and it has an ANSI rated gauge on it that's bang on to my Snap-On gauge at work. Takes me less than 10 minutes to drain all 4 of my 31"s from 35psi to 20psi, and I know exactly what I drained them to because I'm using a gauge. Very easy to use and you can't lose the valve core.

Perfect explanation!

toymaster

Explorer
Another vote for staun. You just screw them on and go, no waiting. When new you spend some time getting them set to the pressure you want but other than that it takes how ever long to removed the valve stem caps and screw on the deflators and you're on your way.

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Just my preference but I'll add to my ARB deflator vote that I've never been in such a hurry I needed all four deflated at once, I prefer an actual gauage to confirm what psi I'm at, especially at 8-10 psi

toymaster

Explorer
^^^ Not sure you understand that the staun deflators do that for you. They are adjustable pressure release valves, you set them up for the pressure you want. You do not have to bother and waste your time as the deflators do the job. Besides deflating is easy, getting the tires inflated is always the PITA.

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
^^^ Not sure you understand that the staun deflators do that for you. They are adjustable pressure release valves, you set them up for the pressure you want. You do not have to bother and waste your time as the deflators do the job. Besides deflating is easy, getting the tires inflated is always the PITA.

I understand, but I'm not relying on them to be accurate.

And I agree on inflating.

thethePete

Explorer
Exactly. When you're down to single digit pressures or barely above, 2psi can be the difference between debeading your tire and not. I don't trust a dump valve to be that accurate.

Also, I think people are underestimating the massive difference between airing down by pushing in the schrader and by removing the core. I bet I can air down my 4 tires as fast as your Stauns anyway, and I only have to walk around my truck once. Different strokes for different folks, but I don't know that the thread on style are "faster".

MTSN

Explorer
When I wheel I'm usually with a couple other people in my Jeep, so I like being able to screw the Staun's on then walk around and chat with people while they do their thing. Mine are accurate within 2psi which is good enough for me. I'm normally taking them down from 30psi to about 17psi, and when I check them via a gauge they show 16-18psi consistently. If you're running single digits and you have to be 100% accurate, then I would think something like the ARB deflator is better - and you should have beadlocks.

bobwohlers

Overlander
I personally have (literally) every off-road tire deflators on the market. If you wish to have "Automatic" style (all four tires at once/don't have to tend them), then these are my pick and the ones I recommend to my students: http://www.coyoteents.com/deflators-sizes-and-specifications.html

The Straun units are good also, but I believe Coyote Enterprises has improved on the Stauns.

The ARB, "Gauge Mounted" tire deflation unit is excellent and quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles