Tiny Doors

fjefman

Why are doors on RVs and most expedition vehicles so small? I mean there are lots of options available but I've yet to find a quality door wider than 28". I'd love to find a 32-36" wide door on an upcoming build. Anybody know of options in that size range?

Jeff

billiebob

Try commercial cargo trailer retailers.... They make lots of well priced choices up to 48" wide... Saying "RV" adds exponentially to the price.

I added a 32" door to the left side on my trailer. Frame Hinge included, $189 it took a day to install.

DSC_0212.jpeg

trlr 002.jpg

fjefman

Making a trailer door is easy. Making a high quality insulated door with integrated screen door is much more difficult. This is one area where I would rather buy than make. I don't even understand why seemingly all of the option are so small.

85_Ranger4x4

Making a trailer door is easy. Making a high quality insulated door with integrated screen door is much more difficult. This is one area where I would rather buy than make. I don't even understand why seemingly all of the option are so small.

Making it is one thing, fitting it is another.

I looked into enlarging a window in my camper to put a window unit in it.

To do it right I would have to blow the wall apart, widen the studs and then reassemble the wall.

As far as why they don't for things that theoretically will take a beating like an expedition rig... the bigger the door the less structure is in the wall.

Lol, I have to turn sideways AND duck to get in mine...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles