Timer for 12v pump

JDaPP

Adventurer
I am looking at making a siphon pump for my aev tank. Basically start it pumping while do other things in camp. I would like to setup a timer on the power so I don't burn out the pump. What are my options?

verdesardog

Explorer
Siphons don't need any pump once you get the flow going. So are you really talking about siphoning or pumping? Your pump design would dictate whether you need a timer to keep from dry running or whether the pump can be run dry with no damage.

JDaPP

Adventurer
Siphons don't need any pump once you get the flow going. So are you really talking about siphoning or pumping? Your pump design would dictate whether you need a timer to keep from dry running or whether the pump can be run dry with no damage.
Looking to pump. It will be a inline low pressure fuel pump. The one I am looking at doesn't really say if it can be run dry but I am sure it is not good for it.

4RunAmok

Explorer
Looking to pump. It will be a inline low pressure fuel pump. The one I am looking at doesn't really say if it can be run dry but I am sure it is not good for it.

Is this for drinking water? Is that pump considered safe for pumping potable water?

Walmart.com sells a $35 potable water pump, 3 gallons per minute, made in the USA by Attwood, that doesn't need any special priming or care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles