Time to Replace Old Parts

swrider

Observer
You can get Bilstein 6112s for the front of the 2014-2018 Silverados. They include new springs and would be a good match to the recommended 5160 rears. They're also a good compromise between 5100 front shocks and the pricier options like Fox 2.0 or 2.5, or Icons. The 6112 is adjustable for up to 2" of lift also, with snap ring grooves like the 5100. I feel like the Fox 2.0 is sort of overpriced for what you're really getting.

Perfect!
I was actually going to ask if bilstein made something like this. I think that might settle it for me. the Fox look nice not to say the Icon, but $$$ and real use dictate something a bit different.
Then again, the budget just took a hit when I found out that the car needs new shoes too. Four new tires at $250 ea just took half the budget.
So it looks like I will start with the 6112's for the front, for now. Leave the factory Ranchos in back, and fit in 4 new tires for the truck also.
Wait for the bank account to recuperate and finish off the truck.
Hopefully the ride on the truck won't suck too bad.
Thanks for all the replies and help guys. Much appreciated.

SoTxAg06

Eibach also makes a pro kit (new struts and springs for the front, and shocks for the rear. Think they’ve also come out with a 2.0 coilover to compete with fox for those year models.

I have the pro kit on my 2019. Springs are firmer than stock, but soak up bumps very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbaucom

Think they’ve also come out with a 2.0 coilover to compete with fox for those year models.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've looked at those Eibach coilovers for my F150. I personally rank them ahead of the Fox 2.0, because the Eibach coilover is actually designed to be adjusted while installed on the vehicle, unlike the Fox 2.0, and the Eibach coilovers cost less than the Fox 2.0. While it may be possible to adjust the Fox 2.0 on the vehicle, the spring is supposed to be compressed prior to adjustment or damage can occur, therefore removal from the vehicle is recommended prior to adjustment. Of course, most people will just leave them at the height they come from the factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne