time for a new rig.been without a car for 3 yrs almost

ATXzombie

Observer
well I live in nyc and don't really need another suv but my boys are getting older and expressing they want more camping type trips to get out of this city. I am a chevy tech and have been for 20+ yrs. I have been looking at the rodeo and the r50 pathfinder. what would be better choice? im not too concerned with resale at all, just want something capable. we do go to maine in the summers . I don't want or need a crazy lift just a 4x4 to get off the beat and path.
thanks

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
^^^ also find that kinda crazy. youd think youd stick to what you know best and know how to diagnose/fix the stuff you've been wrenching on for so long. would love to hear why chevy isn't on your radar as an option.

as far as choosing between those 2 i have no real life input other than both seem like good options if that size of a vehicle fits your needs. maybe also consider a trooper as well? might also find a Honda passport for a good deal while looking. its a just a rebadged rodeo. I also wouldn't turn my nose up at a 4 runner if it was priced right.

what about a awd suby or other awd based car?

perterra

Adventurer
Had a 91 Rodeo with the GM V6, 5 spd and manual locking hubs. Was a very nice driving wagon, short on power but the way it was geared in 4 Lo it went anywhere we ever pointed it. Decent ground clearance, about 20 mpg on the highway. Never had a pathfinder, but had a 1st gen Xterra for about 7 or 8 years. The X was better in some ways but no more capable off road. Rode rougher than the Rodeo and got much worse fuel mileage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles