Time for a new build - Ecodiesel Gladiator Sport

smbisig

Adventurer
Saturday I was able to get to the brakes. Super easy to install and high quality product for sure. I installed some longer rear brake lines at the same time. Brakes feel great already, but I know there's some air still in the system. They recommend 30-60 miles then bleed again. I will probably go a few hundred miles this week then bleed the system again this weekend.

CBA9185C-37FD-4C6B-848E-F8D3C01AD9DC.jpg

5D6640E9-8179-4BC9-9AF0-505EEB69BB09.jpg
5A50ACBF-2A43-4A38-AB9F-08F3CBF576F5.jpg

D5435B3B-7F47-439B-AC3D-9B7A75714442.jpg
A08244C2-830E-4F2F-9332-1D807D06D6D7.jpg
IMG_5219.jpg

smbisig

Adventurer
Also installed a Cascadia 4x4 hood mounted solar panel. I ordered this prior to deciding on the Alu-Cab canopy camper which will have a 126W panel on the roof. Decided to keep the hood mounted panel just to maintain the main battery.

62B9924A-F637-4164-82A5-80FAC3BCD668.jpg

smbisig

Adventurer
Got a special delivery today, the Alu-Cab Canopy camper has arrived. I am starting the install tonight but will probably take a few days as time allows.

Attachments

• IMG_5462.JPG
    IMG_5462.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5463.JPG
    IMG_5463.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5460.JPG
    IMG_5460.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5461.JPG
    IMG_5461.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 77

SlickRope

I just have a few questions about changes you would do if you had to start over. If you could have a Rubicon or Mojave with the V6 or have the sport S with the diesel would you still go with the diesel? I will be ordering a Gladiator early next year and at a cross roads with which to go with (budget wise). I have only drove a V6 and it didn't seem bad at all and saving the weight would be nice, but it's so hard to turn down the Tq from the diesel especially with the whole family and gear (I do plan on 37s). After having yours for awhile what would you change and what would you keep?

pittsburgh

tacocat
I just have a few questions about changes you would do if you had to start over. If you could have a Rubicon or Mojave with the V6 or have the sport S with the diesel would you still go with the diesel? I will be ordering a Gladiator early next year and at a cross roads with which to go with (budget wise). I have only drove a V6 and it didn't seem bad at all and saving the weight would be nice, but it's so hard to turn down the Tq from the diesel especially with the whole family and gear (I do plan on 37s). After having yours for awhile what would you change and what would you keep?

I was going to ask the same thing!

smbisig

Adventurer

So far, I wouldn't change a thing, from the Jeep platform to the modifications. I had an idea of all the modifications that I would do so the Sport S was the perfect canvas. I knew I would be installing ARB Air Lockers, so no need for the Rubicon. And the diesel wasn't available in the Mojave which I was set on for the torque of the diesel. If it were available, then I may have gone the Mojave route due to the stronger rear axle (axle tubes are thicker than all other models, including the Rubicon) and reinforced frame. Now, if the 392 was available in the Mojave which sounds like it may be in the near future, I would have considered it but probably still stuck with the diesel. Have about 11,000 miles on it and still loving it. If you are going to either Overland Expo Mountain West or Overland Expo West, stop bye the Mule Expedition Outfitters booth and check it out.

SlickRope

So far, I wouldn't change a thing, from the Jeep platform to the modifications. I had an idea of all the modifications that I would do so the Sport S was the perfect canvas. I knew I would be installing ARB Air Lockers, so no need for the Rubicon. And the diesel wasn't available in the Mojave which I was set on for the torque of the diesel. If it were available, then I may have gone the Mojave route due to the stronger rear axle (axle tubes are thicker than all other models, including the Rubicon) and reinforced frame. Now, if the 392 was available in the Mojave which sounds like it may be in the near future, I would have considered it but probably still stuck with the diesel. Have about 11,000 miles on it and still loving it. If you are going to either Overland Expo Mountain West or Overland Expo West, stop bye the Mule Expedition Outfitters booth and check it out.

Thanks for the response. I feel like we kind of have the same build in mind that's why I really wanted to get your opinion. I wish I could attend the expo's but currently living overseas. That's why I'm waiting to order next year when I go back to the states. I will be watching your build, it looks awesome so far. Keep us informed please!

smbisig

Adventurer
How was it on 35s with stock gears?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely fine. Most people aren't even changing the gears for 37s. But because I was installing the lockers, adding the weight of the canopy campers and going to 37's in the next month, bumped the gears to 4.10s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles