Time for a new build - Ecodiesel Gladiator Sport

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I geared it (4.10) for future 37" tires a few months ago while I installed Air Lockers. So I have been slightly over geared the past few months. Based on the online calculators, I should be just about the factory RPM range as a stock Rubicon Diesel. At 70 MPH, I am at just about 1900 RPMs.

How are you liking the diesel + auto combination?
Any thoughts on getting it tuned with someone like Green Diesel Engineering?

What mileage are you getting these days?

Thanks,
-Dan

smbisig

Adventurer

Thanks,
-Dan

Hi Dan,

I have just over 35k on diesel and still love it. The engine just doesn't care about the camper and other weight that I have added. With the 37's, its happy place seems to be around 67 MPH on the highway which I will get around 23 MPG (based one a recent trip from Washington to Northern California. If I am chugging along in our Washington cascades exploring (lots of elevation gain and decent) I will usually get around 19 MPG.

Not sure on a tune at this time. I think the powertrain warranty on the diesel equipped Gladiators is 100k miles. So if I keep it that long, I may look into it. But for now, not touching the engine, not even aftermarket filters.

Cheers and keep up the cool content.

deserteagle56

Adventurer

Thanks,
-Dan

If you are thinking about getting one, better hurry. Stellantis has announced they will no longer offer the diesel in the Ram 1500; no doubt the Wrangler diesel offering will suffer the same fate.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi Dan,

I have just over 35k on diesel and still love it. The engine just doesn't care about the camper and other weight that I have added. With the 37's, its happy place seems to be around 67 MPH on the highway which I will get around 23 MPG (based one a recent trip from Washington to Northern California. If I am chugging along in our Washington cascades exploring (lots of elevation gain and decent) I will usually get around 19 MPG.

Wow, 23mpg with a camper and 37s is impressive, and I wish I could get close to that in my gas Gladiator. It's getting around 18-19 day in, day out.
Thanks for all the info, great to know!

If you are thinking about getting one, better hurry. Stellantis has announced they will no longer offer the diesel in the Ram 1500; no doubt the Wrangler diesel offering will suffer the same fate.

Ahhhh, that I didn't know. Thanks!

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94