Time for a new build - Ecodiesel Gladiator Sport

SlickRope

Absolutely fine. Most people aren't even changing the gears for 37s. But because I was installing the lockers, adding the weight of the canopy campers and going to 37's in the next month, bumped the gears to 4.10s.

after you get the 37s on could you place the two pictures 35vs37 next to each other. I'm just curious how different it will look.

Mtpisgah

I just have a few questions about changes you would do if you had to start over. If you could have a Rubicon or Mojave with the V6 or have the sport S with the diesel would you still go with the diesel? I will be ordering a Gladiator early next year and at a cross roads with which to go with (budget wise). I have only drove a V6 and it didn't seem bad at all and saving the weight would be nice, but it's so hard to turn down the Tq from the diesel especially with the whole family and gear (I do plan on 37s). After having yours for awhile what would you change and what would you keep?

I have a Mojave with an ACCC . To combat the sag from the weight (also have steel bumpers, winch, slider/steps) I had to install bags and then had to lift it too since stiffer springs were not available at the time. Max tow springs might have fixed it a lot easier, I just could not get them at the time.

I really like the Mojave more than the other trim levels due to the stiffer axles and frame, and the seats are more comfy. My wife has a JLR and the seats are good, but not as nice.

smbisig

Adventurer
I'm surprised your MPG's went up. Guessing it could be due to a less aggressive tread pattern?

I geared it (4.10) for future 37" tires a few months ago while I installed Air Lockers. So I have been slightly over geared the past few months. Based on the online calculators, I should be just about the factory RPM range as a stock Rubicon Diesel. At 70 MPH, I am at just about 1900 RPMs.

YetiX

I'm generally not a Jeep guy although I owned a CJ7 for a few years, but this is a really nice truck! Well done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94