Timbren suspension on Travel Trailer

The_Dude

Adventurer
Hey guys,

I have a 17 ft travel trailer with crappy torsion bar suspension. Everything rattles apart on minor trailer and bounces to high heaven.

I am toying with the idea of putting the timbren suspension on it to gain some clearance and a better ride.

Being it’s a travel trailer we aren’t talking crazy off road but some tougher roads would be nice to take it down.

Anyone have any input on this idea?

This is the set up.

3f8697a7f70569b12d744d02b14d0a69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Humongous

I put the timbrens on my 20ft travel trailer. It was a good upgrade and rides much smoother than the stock, non-shock absorbed leaf springs. They were also pretty easy to install.

On the down side I found that system was completely unable to hold the advertised weight. I bought the 5200lb system for my 2900lb trailer. After installing the 5200lb springs had squatted a full inch and a half past what the Timbrens spec sheet says is the maximum deflection. When I called timbren they gave me the privilege of purchasing stiffer springs which I wasn't too happy about.

The_Dude

Adventurer
Any pictures of the set up? Right now my trailer has such ************ clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waygoner

Observer
I'm interested in this too. I just picked up a Base Camp hard-side pop up with a torsion axle. I'd like to know how difficult the timbren swap would be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior