Timbren Axle-Less suspension

cwm

Observer
Does anyone have any experience with using the Timbren Axle-Less suspension for off road trailers?

They offer a off road model with a 4" lift, 2000 lb rating.

Are there any manufacturers of the small off road trailers that use this suspension?

BoarderMX

Observer

Yep, Just got back from doing the El Camino del Diablo trail between Yuma and Ajo Arizona. A long trail of rocks, ruts, washboard and sand along with a 1,500 mile round trip tow. Suspension held up great throughout the journey and the water tank the axle-less suspension let me put in came in very handy in the desert. Still very satisfied with the Timbren.

at Tinajas Altas (high tanks) along the route.

libarata

Expedition Leader
I assume you need to have a pretty rigid frame between the wheels. In my own head, I could see a lesser frame twisting, perhaps popping a weld, were you to not improve it.

E.J.

Explorer
IIRC you can tie them together with some square tubing for some extra rigidity. Been on the fence about using them on my HF trailer frame based adventure box thing, the price is holding me back.

monark192

Observer
IIRC you can tie them together with some square tubing for some extra rigidity. Been on the fence about using them on my HF trailer frame based adventure box thing, the price is holding me back.

That is exactly what I did - the system is built to accept 2" square tubing. It is not very clear in the pictures in my link, but the one where the paint is ground off for welding, you can see the square end of the cross tube protruding from the Timbren piece.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Yep, Just got back from doing the El Camino del Diablo trail between Yuma and Ajo Arizona. A long trail of rocks, ruts, washboard and sand along with a 1,500 mile round trip tow. Suspension held up great throughout the journey and the water tank the axle-less suspension let me put in came in very handy in the desert. Still very satisfied with the Timbren.

at Tinajas Altas (high tanks) along the route.

One of my favorite places... did you climb up at all?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles