Timbren 4" Axle-Less Suspension + Parking Brake?

Louisd75

Adventurer
The ground clearance thing is kind of false advertising, sure there is no axle down the middle with the Timbren but the tow vehicle pumpkin is lower than either axle style. What is the point of 14" clearance under the trailer when the tow vehicle axle has only 8" of ground clearance.

I'd say it's not really false advertising as it does indeed give more clearance down the middle. The real question is whether or not that clearance is needed. I recently had the solid axle off of my teardrop for painting/cleanup as part of some other work I was doing. There wasn't a single scratch mark on it from hitting anything. It didn't even have any chips from gravel.

I've got no complaints with my leaf spring setup with shock absorbers. Timbren would give you additional options if you wanted to mount something heavy and down low between the wheels (water tank, batteries, etc) if you went that route with your trailer design, though you do sort of lose some of that space if you use the stiffening cross-member that Timbren recommends.

Personally, the only reason I would have for going IFS on a trailer is to be able to run an airbag suspension setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94