Tilting the cab

kerry

Expedition Leader
I know that this may make me look like an idiot, but I’m counting on the fact I may not fall far outside the norm. Before tilting your cab, open both doors. The difference is night and day. I’ve owned mine for 12 yrs and didn’t know this. I even increased the torsion in the lifting mechanism. You’re never too old to peel off a piece of ignorance.

westyss

Explorer
Yeah I do that too and I feel like it’s a strain on the hinges too so I stick some wood posts into the door handles to take up some of the weight when the door needs to be open for longer periods of time.

westyss

Explorer
Haha! Or get your wife to help lift the cab!
Well if you need to run the motor while tilted and don’t have a remote starter you need to keep the door open for a while, oh and push the cab tilt kill switch with something..

kerry

Expedition Leader
While I haven’t tried starting the engine with the cab tilted, I haven’t noticed a switch on our 99 FG

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Maybe Fuso just figured that you could not be trusted without a kill switch on your truck Yves... ;)

westyss

Explorer
Kerry, mine is located on the passenger side behind the door where the two latches to release the cab are, there is a simple switch that closes when a tab pushes on to it when the cab is lowered into its cradles.
They wouldn’t be wrong Owen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles