Tilley airflow Hat

MOAK

Adventurer
We just purchased a pair of these hats and cannot wait to try them out. The ones we found have the rear and side curtains that will Velcro under your chin. They should work very well for us during our hiking adventures in the southwest..

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Those are the nicest ones I've seen. I have a knock off version and like its performance better than any style hat I've tried in this Arizona heat. My next will be a Tilley for sure.

MOAK

Adventurer
I'm very slow getting back on this, but, we were in the Needles back in early September, with temps topping 100 degrees out at Horsehoof camp.. I'm very impressed with this hat and had it on from sunup to sundown,, kept me cool and dry, and bugs didn't bother us at all..

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I have a Tilley T3 that has become my favorite hat. I like it so much I just got myself a Christmas present, a Airflow LTM6 for warmer weather. Looking forward to trying it out.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I like my Tilley for it's function. But they do make you look frumpy ---- like a retired guy that's leading a bird-watching trip in the Everglades kind of frumpy.
They're just a little too neat, too refined...

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
To me, at least, "neat" and "refined" are the opposite of "frumpy"...but I think I get your point.

fike

Adventurer
You need to keep these hats for a few years and get them a bit stained and wrinkled before they look like a truly adventurous hat.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
You need to keep these hats for a few years and get them a bit stained and wrinkled before they look like a truly adventurous hat.
My hat is turning light green from the sun and refuses to stain.
It's a good hat, no doubt. You just instantly look like a senior citizen when you put it on.

MOAK

Adventurer
So,,, you guys are calling me a senior citizen? Ha !! Great hat,, well spent money,,, looking forward to decades of use upon my senior citizen head !! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1547 (1).jpg
    IMG_1547 (1).jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 77

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have a different tilley and my father has the airflow. both are awesome. I am 37 and I don't look like a senior citizen in mine. however, this was the first day ever in florida that I never got card'ed for buying beer and wine. HMMMMMM Bill, You might be on to something. ha ha.

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
I like my Tilley for it's function. But they do make you look frumpy ---- like a retired guy that's leading a bird-watching trip in the Everglades kind of frumpy.
They're just a little too neat, too refined...
That's why I got the Tilley LTC3 Camo hat. It looks a feels like a hat that wants to go camping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles