Tiger CX RV ...SOLD!....

sourdoughben

2013 Tiger CX/ Ram 3500HD 4x4 CTD. Both the Tiger CX coach and Ram chassis have many upgrades to the original manufacture spec's. Both have been well cared for and fully serviced by me, a capable mechanic and detail oriented enthusiast. The RV has never been smoked in or had a pet inside. I have taken month long road trips but its never been a full time live in RV. This is a excllent boondocking rig and mountian/desert cabin cruiser would be a good descriptive name. The truck has 77,000 miles and service is up to date.
I expect a serious buyer to have researched this vehicle and have general knowledge of a Tigers floor layout and standard equipment. YouTube has walk thru videos. Here is one... To that I add the following that are upgrades...
Coach:
All high amp 12v wiring gauge up graded over original spec with appropriate safety fuses added to individual systems
2" closed cell foam board added to underside of floor
Flush toilet and black tank removed, new composting unit of buyers choice included in price
1500W inverter, larger and new
water tank clean out hatch
4 new Lifeline AGM 6v battery bank
6 speakers upgraded to existing coach and truck cab
driver side LED in addition to rear and passenger side LEDs

2012 Ram chassis:
single rear wheel conversion with 5 HD aluminum wheels rated @ 4500 lbs. and 3900 lbs "F" rated tires
Yukon Manual hub conversion
King 2.5 HD shocks
Rear leaf spring addition and rear tires centered in wheel well with new main leaf spring
2" receiver hitch reworked to frame attachment
All under coach wiring shielded like factory chassis wiring
All under coach wiring sealed with marine grade connectors
Aluminess front bumper with grill guard, fog lights and winch acceptable
BigWig rear sway bar
Sumo bumpstops
General information:
Ram 3500HD:
single cab features the SLT package
last year before DEF
selectable 4 wheel drive
6.7 Cummins diesel motor with 350 hp and 610 ft lbs, of torque @ 1500 rpm
G56 6 spd. manual transmission
compression brake
factory in cab 400 watt inverter
Rear view camera
LED backup lights
Tiger Coach:
Espar diesel heater
Dometic compressor refrigerator
Propane Onan 2.8 generator
full body matched paint
two ceiling fans, rear wired for easy roof A/C installation
No see'm screen material

The total wet weight when loaded for one person is 1,000 lbs, under maximum @ 11,200 lbs;
Tow capacity is 9,000 lbs.
13 mpg is common @ 65 MPH
Of note, the roof A/C has been removed and in its place a second ceiling fan now resides. The roof curb is the same for both fan or A/C unit. Original A/C wiring is still in place for easy A/C re-installation if desired. TV has also been removed from swing out wall mount. Optional roof antenna removed with internal coaxial cable still viable. Easy plug and play replacement if one wishes another $100,12v TV. Bunkbed slider windows have been sealed shut, fixed units resealed. A window leaks where caught early and no damage occurred. Hehr slider windows are notorious leakers and this will never be a problem again. Roof rails(useless) have been removed and are not available. Tiger factory vinyl decal script was removed, looks beytter IMO. Script is easily replaceable.
A full Blue-Ox tow system including Patriot aux. brake unit for flat towing is available.
This is an exclusive listing to Expeditionportal.com. I do not wish it reposted elsewhere. I do not need help with this sale. I am offering this for sale at $87,500. US. Serious buyers only please. Cash deposit in hand required for test drive. Location of vehicle is in Carpinteria, Ca.
BC overland rally.jpg

Tiger after SRW conversion.jpg

Attachments

• tiger bunk and cab.jpeg
    tiger bunk and cab.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 401
  • tiger couch.jpeg
    tiger couch.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 374
  • tiger head.jpeg
    tiger head.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 355
  • tiger refer.jpeg
    tiger refer.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 350
  • tiger countertop 1.jpeg
    tiger countertop 1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 322
Last edited:

taylor3633

Observer
Beautiful, well designed rig! Love the couch. Forwarded to a couple of friends in the market. Good luck with sale.

sourdoughben

Thanks, I put a lot of time and effort into making corrections and it was better than new. Me, I'm actually relieved/happy to be out from under the poor workmanship the Provan Tigers suffered from. My Ram experience was perfect while the Provan coach experience was dreadful. The coach layout was the saving grace and I believe the new owner of Tiger Adventure Vehicles has greatly improved the product. Cheers

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Thanks, I put a lot of time and effort into making corrections and it was better than new. Me, I'm actually relieved/happy to be out from under the poor workmanship the Provan Tigers suffered from. My Ram experience was perfect while the Provan coach experience was dreadful. The coach layout was the saving grace and I believe the new owner of Tiger Adventure Vehicles has greatly improved the product. Cheers

I purchased a SMB brand new, and was very unhappy with the poor workmanship that came from SMB West.
How would you compare the quality between these two manufacturers?
Are you going to replace vehicle?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
So, the mods saw fit to delete my post, the second or third response to this ad. Here's what I said, or very, very close to it:

"Sweet rig. Beats the heck out of a useless Earthroamer. However, if I had an Earthroamer I could sell it and buy a handful of these" GLWS.

Reason given for deleting my post? POLITICS. Really? How? Why? Can someone explain this to me? I am lost.

Whatever mod did this you should really speak up. I can't imagine why you would've seen fit to delete what I said unless you disagree with my opinion of an Earthroamer. Is that it? Are opinions that the mods here agree with the only points of view that are valid?

My apologies to the seller for mucking it up with this but I'm not actually the one who did. I complimented the vehicle and wished the seller good luck.

This used to be such a good forum, it's a shame how it's run these days. Time for me to log off I guess.

Speaking for me, I didn't delete your post.

Speaking for me and the moderators, I've moderated multiple forums over the last 25 years. I can tell you that BY FAR, this is the best run, best maintained forum off all time. If you are looking for a place to be rude, disrespectful, disregard the golden rule, then go somewhere else. If you want a family friendly place to come in to discuss Overlanding and Exploring and nothing else, then this is the place for you.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Just curious; how was 86scotty (Eric's) post rude, disrespectful, disregarding the golden rule? He voiced his opinion of an Earthroamer being useless for his needs, then his post is deleted by a moderator? That does seem bizarre...

Sorry to hear about the poor workmanship. Your RAM model was one of a kind, and looked slick though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior