Thread closed -G500 "pur" rolled in Hollister :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
I was out with some Land Rovers at Hollister on Saturday (05/06/2017) and there was a gorgeous navy blue G500 that was badged PUR, had Austrian plates (vanity ones? not sure), and the guy driving definitely looked like a German/Austrian/Swiss fellow. I presumed he was there for Syncrofest which was also going on at the time.

Had a pop camper roof, rear ladder. Did not snap a photo but it did the truck hill climb while we sat at the bottom, did a great job. Came back down to waves and thumbs up. About an hour later someone calls over the radio that it looks like a jeep rolled at the top of Five Fingers, turns out it was that same car... Rolled onto its passenger side so it could have been much worse had it gone further. A LC and Jeep righted it with winches then pulled it up to the top by which point we lost sight of it as we drove back down off the neighboring hill. Everyone's like oh man poor guy, poor car :(. My heart goes out to that guy. Damage did not look super bad, but we were maybe 1km away looking through binoculars. Nobody hurt that we could see, we saw the driver walking around the car and they got it up off the hill in a few minutes.

Anyone know the car?

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
You are such an As##ho##. Somebody had an accident and you want to take advantage of their misfortune. You are not even funny.

Disagree. Some guy takes his toy truck out wheeling and dumps it on its side. That just doesn't push my sympathy button.

My heart doesn't go out to him. My prayers are not with him and his loved ones.

Sucks, yea. But you roll the dice, you take your chances.

Beater_Bimmer

Adventurer
From what it sounds like, there were no injuries. Too bad no pics were taken. No need to take offense to a comment posted on the internet, haha. Bummer for the owner, that can't be cheap to fix.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
I should have worded it a bit differently. Not to defend or accuse this guy. He did one particularly bad hill climb very well, guess his luck just ran out on the next one... Just a shame it happened. And yes it appeared to us that there were no injuries so beyond that its just sheet metal and pride.

And this is why I don't dig the tippy stuff.

zimm

Expedition Leader
Disagree. Some guy takes his toy truck out wheeling and dumps it on its side. That just doesn't push my sympathy button.

My heart doesn't go out to him. My prayers are not with him and his loved ones.

Sucks, yea. But you roll the dice, you take your chances.

my prayers are for the loved ones. hes not likely to be much fun at the moment.

otiswesty

Regular guy
This thread is like a douchbag collection center.

Thanks to the OP for his kind words and sympathy. The car is already being repaired.

zimm

Expedition Leader
This thread is like a douchbag collection center.

Thanks to the OP for his kind words and sympathy. The car is already being repaired.

talk about a first world problem. you act as if a creased G is equivalent to losing your family to barrel bombs.

im willing to bet hes man enough to not need others tears and sympathy over his bent sheet metal. i dont know why you assume hes like a child.

McBride

Adventurer
************ bags x3. Especially you Zimm. I'm surprised. Get some class and manners or get off the forum.

McBride

Adventurer
And you too DWH. This is a friend of mine. Not a nice approach to take on a forum of any sort. This is an offroad/expedition travel forum... Skip the rude stuff in the G Wagen section please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles