Thoughts....on what to do.

DCH109

Adventurer
So I want to thank everyone on this forum for the great suggestions.
In the end we all got hit with a pandemic that we did not expect.

My wife has taken a paycut for who knows how long and my job is in question. So far we are ok.
Fortunately I had a gut feeling that something was about to happen and I put up 3 vehicles for sale.
I only sold one the F150 for much more than I expected. So that is now gone (seems no one wanted a LR3 or a FJ60......well at my price)

The LR3 is getting fixed with new cats (by me). Once this is all over I am now thinking of either building my M101a2 into a teardrop or putting a used Alaskan or 4x4 camper on it.
This is still under review and I posted it in another section of the forums.

The FJ60 will get sold, but I will now wait till the economy picks up again, Most people I know a crying over their 401K crash. The LR3 is now my main vehicle and will be repaired until things are back to normal. Same goes for my wife's 17 year old Yukon.

So again thank you for the ideas and suggestions but everything is off the table until 2021 with exception to the trailer as I can clean it up and get it ready at least. No investment but my time needed.

billiebob

No matter what you do in 8 years when both kids are in college or ....... you will wish you still had the FJ60.

DCH109

Adventurer
No matter what you do in 8 years when both kids are in college or ....... you will wish you still had the FJ60.
The way our economy is going (stimulus or not) it may be when they are in college it is worth what it was 2 months ago. Car prices are tanking and I am betting once this is all over, those buyers that would have bought an FJ60 will not have the funds, or be more careful with their funds that they were in the past.

Either that or they will be worth a mint, but I doubt it.

So for now the 60 gets some last TLC (drip rail resealing) that I would have left up to the new buyer and I will drive it weekends just to keep it happy.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183

I've owned one of literally every Land Cruiser made except for a FJ55 and the FJ60 was the only one i had zero regrets selling and didnt care for.

Get the $ well you can!

DCH109

Adventurer
I've owned one of literally every Land Cruiser made except for a FJ55 and the FJ60 was the only one i had zero regrets selling and didnt care for.

Get the $ well you can!
I am going to try either way. I do not have high hopes right now. hell I would trade it for a 55 but still. I have a feeling the price of the 60 will drop due to all of this.

I still will give the 60 the TLC it needed, like I mention really only the drip rails and I have the material. At least it will keep me busy. Then it will go up and see what happens. Who knows maybe someone will buy it like they did with my Ford.
Or I may be stuck with it for the forseable future.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Hang in there. This bug shut down will be short in terms of the market the big unknown will be small business failures and how that impacts the main street economy. No doubt that businesses that were barely staying in the black during the strongest economy period in recent history will be done but those that were doing really well will likely survive though likely reopen with dire need to pickup right where they left off or they’ll be hurting too.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Just keep in mind your 401k 'losses' are not real or set until you do something dumb like sell. "Buy Low, Sell High", not the other way around. It will come back. And at your presumed age, it will cycle a couple more times before you hit a retirement age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles