Thoughts on the Truckhouse Tacoma expedition camper...

rruff

Explorer
OK, here is a great video that shows most of the vehicle. They have really done a great job with this unit. I would much prefer the F-350 Supercab, but am still sorely tempted to order one of these anyhow and take a chance. I haven't seen anything else on the market that even comes close.

Looking really good so far!

Darwin

Explorer
Anyone(not related to the company) get video of it actually driving around? My gut says it drives like ********.

Steve_382

These guys are going to have to hire more people to answer the phone. This YouTube video says it has had over 100,000 views. Crazy.

ABBB

It’s rad. Looks quality, curious to hear/see some real life reviews by customers. Personally, I’m not going to hate on it just because I can’t afford one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ripperj

Explorer
It’s rad. Looks quality, curious to hear/see some real life reviews by customers. Personally, I’m not going to hate on it just because I can’t afford one.

I’m not hating on it , I’d love to have one.
I just wonder if people will pay $300k+ for something based on a Tacoma(or any Toyota). I was a Toyota guy for 30 years, but sometimes bigger is better. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ABBB

I’m not hating on it , I’d love to have one.
I just wonder if people will pay $300k+ for something based on a Tacoma(or any Toyota). I was a Toyota guy for 30 years, but sometimes bigger is better. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wasn’t speaking to you specifically. Agree though, it’s a big question mark whether it’s the right platform. I’m a ZR2 guy myself, prefer that as a mid-size platform. But I can see why they’d go with a “taco” for this kind of mid-size build just in terms of marketability.

rruff

Explorer

A major negative is the extensive amount of frame, drivetrain, and suspension rework needed. But if they do a great job sorting that out, it should ride and drive well (maybe better than competitors) and be reasonably reliable. With the SC option it should have plenty of power for most. I think they'll sell enough to make a viable business to youngish people who like Toyotas and have $$$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles