Thoughts on the ORIS Skottle?

MOAK

Adventurer
The first time I saw one of the “skottles” in use my first thought was, how the heck would you pack that thing in. All of our gear is either rectangular hard cases or soft cases. No way that would pack in properly, we’d have to change our entire packing strategy/tetras game.. no thanks, we’re good!

Last edited:

Tenchi64

The first time I saw one of the “skottles” in use my first thought was, how the heck would you pack that thing in. All of our gear is either rectangular hard cases or soft cases. No way that would pack in properly, we’d have to change our entire packing strategy/tetras game.. no thanks, we’re good!
yeah packing a large one takes up lots of awkward space.. still figuring this one out. The smaller ones have carrying bags that make it easier to stow and not dirty other stuff.

yeah packing a large one takes up lots of awkward space.. still figuring this one out. The smaller ones have carrying bags that make it easier to stow and not dirty other stuff.
Look for "Western Rope Bag"s , works well for carrying them.

Edit: Its actually what they have on that website, just with their logo stitched to it. $9 or so online.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I found a $13 bbq cover/bag on Amazon that fits it. Cinch it up and toss it in the teardrop. Set it up at camp and use it.
Fried rice is so much easier on it than in a frying pan. Can't fit a wok on my stove and table-top stoves are tippy.

I first saw a Skottle in a video shared on Youtube this morning. My main thoguht was why suck up that much space? It looks like one of those things they use to cook meat for street tacos in Mexico. Not a bad thing, just seems like it is overkill for overlanding or camping.
We're often camping in a big group and making pot-luck dinners.

This was last month. The tall guy wielding the axe in a menacing fashion built all of the Scott-Ls you see in the slideshow (and there quite a few). His name is Scott.
If Scott hadn't traded me his for my maul, I would've bought this:

https://www.agrisupply.com/bbq-disc-blade-discada/p/85077/

Recommended books for Overlanding

krick3tt

Adventurer
I got one of those and added longer legs and a bracket to hold the small prone bottle. Looks good haven't tried it yet. Easy to do.

pawnbroker

I decided to try and make one myself . Ordered everything I need from amazon . Took a few hours , but turned out great . 1718E65E-4569-4D06-8615-17FA5348560E.jpeg

Attachments