Thoughts on New NEMO Shower - horizontal style ?

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I have a first generation NEMO pressure shower unit, and its very good, but not great. A few simple design flaws that bug the crap out of me, but not enough to stop me from using it.

Now I see they have a new style unit. I'm not sure how long it's been out, but I am curious if anyone has upgraded to the new one and what their thoughts are? Or, if you just bought the new one without any experience with the old unit, do you like the new one?

Link: Nemo Pressure Shower
Newmo-Shower.jpg

My thoughts on the previous (original) unit are pretty simple:
1. Carry strap on top is so tight that it interferes with the rubber bung on top, and you can't easily, drain or fill the darn thing.
2. The case is perhaps 1mm wider than the unit, and VERY difficult to fold and stow away. Especially if it is wet, muddy, sandy, frozen, or otherwise not ideally dry and sprinkled with baby power.
3. The tubing for the foot pump has a permanent kink in it due to the routing of the tubes when stowed. No way around this.
Nemo-Helio-Pressure-Shower-Gear-Patrol_.jpg

That's pretty much it. Its an otherwise brilliant and extremely useful bit of kit to have when car camping.
Photo:

Is the new one better? Does it alleviate any of the above issues?

Last edited:

CSG

Explorer
I liked the idea of the original but not the execution. This seems like a better design. Alas, I use the Waterport which rides in the hitch when I go camping. Much bulkier but far more robust.

pluton

Adventurer
The original hose was weak and inadequate. The original fill hole was idiotically small, later improved but still too small. Impossible to tell from that marketing page whether these two major complaints have been addressed by the new model.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I just noticed the new one claims to be hands free, but shows the same kitchen sink style spray head....it would only be hands free if I wrapped a rubber band around it to hold the lever down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online