Thoughts on Lexus GX470 Purchase

wingysataday

Adventurer
stop all the crying. Every vehicle has their little issues. There is a guy on GXOR facebook page with over 300k on his GX with very little issues. I have 153k on mine and love it! I wheel it, tow with it, haul the family around. I have had a blast! The power is great. I would get an 05' or newer without navigation if possible. There is a ton of support now. almost all FJ cruiser suspension fits. Any serious off road I would replace the air bags but not required. I love mine. I had a 4 door Tacoma 2006 that was set up for expo and I would trade up to the GX470 all day over and over again. Lexus is quiet. Seat heaters, leather is higher quality, 7 passengers, atrac is great, power is awesome, many luxury options, bigger inside than 4runner, very comfortable, drivetrain is rock solid. 5 speed is great....

XPLRMOR

I've had my 07 GX for a year now and did a bunch of internet research before pulling the trigger. Reliability appears great and I don't subscribe to the common airbag fears based on the research as problems are few and far between. Just watch the typical Toyota v8 issues such as timing belt and leaky manifold leaks (pricey) and you will be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior