Thoughts on 2023 Ford Super Duty for Family Travel?

Riversdad

I have a '21 F-250 with Tremor package and so far it's been great. I did a 1,034 mile day when I went to pick up my Kenai and it was very comfortable and a great highway cruiser. Was very stable with the camper, but I will probably install a rear stabilizer before our Alaska trip.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
A crew cab short bed will have way more room than your 200. If you really think the 8' bed is needed you can still get a rear locker and address anything else with aftermarket changes. If you're ordering a truck I would be sure to get 4.3 gears.

There is no one on the planet thinking "I got too much bed space, i should get a truck with a shorter bed"

However, the opposite is quite common

The DCSB Tacoms were a hot trend for a couple years, now everyone is realizing it was silly and the classified section is littered with them from folks wanting a real truck.

End the shortbed madness.

montypower

Adventure Time!
There is no one on the planet thinking "I got too much bed space, i should get a truck with a shorter bed"

They did get a bit short... We have a Tacoma extended cab 6ft bed. Super Duty has the best short bed @ 6ft 9in. I'd absolutely buy another short bed SD. The long beds make the WB too long. Horrible turning radius.

I'd go to the F450 or F550 if a long bed was required. It has the Super 60 front axle that turns much tighter.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
They did get a bit short... We have a Tacoma extended cab 6ft bed. Super Duty has the best short bed @ 6ft 9in. I'd absolutely buy another short bed SD. The long beds make the WB too long. Horrible turning radius.

I'd go to the F450 or F550 if a long bed was required. It has the Super 60 front axle that turns much tighter.

I don’t think 6ft 9in qualifies as short. Sounds perfect

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader

However, the opposite is quite common

The DCSB Tacoms were a hot trend for a couple years, now everyone is realizing it was silly and the classified section is littered with them from folks wanting a real truck.

End the shortbed madness.

Lollll, Agreed 100000%. Been saying this for a loooong time. I technically still have a shortbed but whatever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94