Thought I had seen it all until I met this guy!

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Everyone has their idea of camping. All the way from a tent to a $2MM Prevost. A guy I met this weekend might just have the most unique way of camping that I have seen yet!

The guy I am talking about lives in a condo therefore parking is limited and trailers of any kind are out of the question. He does have a garage (fancy condo) that allows him storage. He uses his garage as a shop and for storage of his camper modules.

Yes that right I said camper MODULES!

What this guy has done is make himself all the component modules he needs in a camper trailer. He has designed, engineered and build these modules to be easily installed and removed from his trailer to be comfortable. Only problem is that he does not own a trailer!

He rents a trailer. A UHAUL CARGO TRAILER!

That's right he custom built his camper modules to fit, quickly install and provide all the comforts of home he desires within a UHAUL cargo trailer. He has a setup that will let him rent a single or double axle UHAUL cargo trailer and turn that trailer quickly and comfortably into a camper trailer for the week or weekend.

Rent it, load it, camp in it and return it.

No trailer storage issues, no huge expense buying owning insuring and maintaining a trailer, cheap rental rates from UHAUL, can rent one most anywhere in the USA and most of all it's comfortable with his cabinets, solar system, bed setup and kitchen modules all designed and built specifically to mount and fit within a specific UHAUL trailer.

May not be for everybody however it sure is thinking outside the box to solve his camper storage and ownership issues all the while camping on the cheap.

Sorry I did not git pics however it's pretty damn neat!

Last edited:

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Fat chance!

UHAUL has not made any design or manufacturing changes in their trailers in over 30 years!

86scotty

Cynic
I know. I was all hot and bothered. Plus, Uhaul trailers are like 5' tall and have one roll up door. Seems like an exercise in futility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94