Those with a Tire Carrier, lets see,,,,

Ric

Adventurer
For those of you with either a aftermarket rear bumper with a tire carrier, or those with a swing out tire carrier, can you post pictures it?
Im thinking about getting a swing out tire carrier but havent decided on a license plate mount.
Thanks in advance

Trikebubble

Adventurer
I went with the Hitchgate for the Tundra. For a number of reasons, that may not square with your requirements. First thing, their are only one or two swing-away bumper setups out there for hte Tundra and they are ridiculously expensive. Second, I like having the option to remove the tire carrier when I do not want/need it on the truck. Third, overall rear departure angles are not such a concern for me, so having the Hitchgate attached to my hitch isn't really an issue. Fourth, I can (could) swpa it easilt to another truck if/when I ever had to. I can carry my full size spare, 2 fuel cans, my shovel, Maxtrax, and Hi-Lift all on the Hitchagte and it's as solid as can be. I bought the offset model, so it swings out to the side of the truck (if you had a tailgate you could open it) . I keep a piece of round dowel handy to help support it when open for a long time, though it doesn't really require it, I figure it takes some of the stress of the hinge. 12345.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier