Those crazy Europeans at it again.

HRPINDC

Adventurer
That's a lot of weight aft of the rear axle. I'm surprised it's not doing wheelies down the road.

Septu

Explorer
I like the concept (expanding roof, bed in rear).... and don't even mind some overhang over the rear bumper... but that's gone way too far. Go more with what Earth Roamer did with the JK. Pull the rear seats and the rear doors, and make some sort of filler for them. Or leave them, and design around them (fold up bed, and whatnot) like what Phoenix Pop Up did. There's ways to do something like that without it looking like that does... because frankly that's brutal.

Aspire

Observer
I like how they themselves show how little it takes to get that huge rump caught:

franchissementtouche.jpg

(The rear wheels are not even close the beginning of the hill).

Septu

Explorer
I like how they themselves show how little it takes to get that huge rump caught:

(The rear wheels are not even close the beginning of the hill).

Now go try that with any other RV. Most wouldn't make it anywhere close to that far up the hill.

Aspire

Observer
Now go try that with any other RV. Most wouldn't make it anywhere close to that far up the hill.

LOL, true. But the jeep isn't going anywhere up that hill anyway. Seldom do I plan on only getting the front wheel atop of something. Anyway, a Jeep shouldn't attempt to be an RV. Without that stupid, horrendous box at the back, it would have gone up that hill no sweat.

I am still amazed at how they apparently thought it was a good idea to post that picture of a jeep so handicapped by their addition, that it won't climb the hill it is attempting to in the photo.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I am still amazed at how they apparently thought it was a good idea to post that picture of a jeep so handicapped by their addition, that it won't climb the hill it is attempting to in the photo.

You're forgetting who their target market is.

They don't appear to be marketing this to "4x4" people who care about departure angle and want to go all the places their 4x4 could go before they added this.

They appear to be marketing this to people that have never had a 4x4, and will look at that picture and think "Wow, look at all the places it can go".

I wish them good luck, and am happy to see another company stepping up and trying something a little different/new.
It's not a product I would buy, but that doesn't mean it's not good, and it doesn't mean there are not lots of people that will buy it.

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior