This would be cool for a fridge

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure

I was looking around for a drawer-type fridge and found this. Easy access to beer....more space for when actually cooking. It's a good idea and I wish a big-brand company would make something similar.

When is someone going to make a 50-ish liter drawer-type fridge/freezer? I'd buy one.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
just put in two of the Dometic drawers

CD-30 / CD-030DC CoolMatic

I've thought about that, but I doubt that I have enough width available. I'll have to measure it again tomorrow. A quick search didn't reveal the Ah requirements for the CD-30...but in any case, I'd rather have one fridge at 2AH than 2 fridges at 1.7 each. Just a guess at those ratings.

I'd like to find a fridge that is accessible from the rear of my A/T Overland Chaser. At least for beer. Something like the Chinese fridge above would work. But I won't buy a Chinese fridge.

My NL Weekender works great, but opening up the bed of the Chaser for each and every beer is a lot of work.

dreadlocks

top loaders have the advantage that gravity keeps em closed and all the cold air dont pour out when you get in it.. which means its not going to open on the trail, and use less electricity if your constantly getting in it to grab a beer..

sounds like you needa make a slideout tray for it or buy a premade one if getting to it is such a pain.. nobody wants to work for beer but there's gotta be a cheaper way than a new fridge.. on my lil trailer I just took it out and put it in the shade like I would with a cooler and used assorted lengths of wire to hook it up to the bank.. would you like to see where I keep my assorted lengths of wire?

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
top loaders have the advantage that gravity keeps em closed and all the cold air dont pour out when you get in it.. which means its not going to open on the trail, and use less electricity if your constantly getting in it to grab a beer..

sounds like you needa make a slideout tray for it or buy a premade one if getting to it is such a pain.. nobody wants to work for beer but there's gotta be a cheaper way than a new fridge.. on my lil trailer I just took it out and put it in the shade like I would with a cooler and used assorted lengths of wire to hook it up to the bank.. would you like to see where I keep my assorted lengths of wire?

The opening in the back of my trailer isn't tall enough for a regular fridge slideout and that is why I've been eyeballing drawer fridges. The problem is that if I want to store the fridge in the trailer, then I have to open the trailer lid to gain access (with the RTT and everything on top). It is possible, but not even remotely convenient.

I still have the fridge in the Jeep for now. It might be possible to relocate my water tank on the trailer and build a new box on the tongue for the fridge. That would be convenient. But then we have the old "should I put my fridge on the tongue of my trailer argument" which has been done on the portal already. :)

alia176

Explorer
I can't recall the name but that fridge linked above is being sold by an AUS company but only in AUS for right now. One pull out drawer and open top lid for access. For all I know, it's the same exact model!

67cj5

Man On a Mission

I agree, Another downside to having too many slides is that they get clogged up with dust and grit from the many miles of dusty roads a person travels, and if a sliding draw fridge is used then a person better have a good hi flow compressor to blow all the dirt out of the runners because they will Jam up be sure of that,

Draw fridges are made for RV's and Camper/Caravan Trailers as in the RV Type Not the roof top tent type, I can see this type of fridge becoming a real PIA out on the Trail or heading in land, Fine for cruising the Blacktop or a cabin but just about useless for anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke