this is the one

billiebob

Lots of miles and rough interior. It's a shame it's not a South American Poverty Pack with the diesel.
I think this is the first time I have seen a critical comment on any diesel.
And where is this rust? For 28 years old, I call this pristine.
Lots of patina in the upholstery but pristine.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I think this is the first time I have seen a critical comment on any diesel.
And where is this rust? For 28 years old, I call this pristine.
Lots of patina in the upholstery but pristine.

I owned a 1997 Poverty Pack that looked better than this by a long shot and the rust was still there. In the tail gate from the inside and around the rear most side windows, also from the inside. You can see the rust on the bottle jack that sits inside of that fender, probably a sign of there being corrosion down in there as well. The frame looks pretty good but again pics can be deceiving, you'd really have to inspect it in person. The interior is definitely rough and I wouldn't call the exterior great either. Contrary to internet lore, 300K miles on a diesel is still A LOT of miles.

T-Willy

I'll be interested to see how high it goes. Given, LHD triple-locked diesels are rare specimens in the U.S., but it's still an old, high-mileage truck. Absent a rebuild, all of its rubber (seals, bushings, gaskets) is well past prime and prone to failure. The leather is cracked and in spots tearing, the carpet shows a large stain, the headliner shows a water stain (likely the result of a leaking sunroof) and there are numerous missing interior parts. I bet there's at least $10K of work, likely much more, required to bring it into some semblance of ship shape... Which would still be much cheaper, more cool, and in most cases more capable than a new truck.

Lockers are easy to retrofit (like ARB; Detroit if FF). LHD obviously not.
So far I really like the OM314 in my OJ50. Even better when I install (all free) H55F/TC w/PTO, 4.56s/lockers, 34s.
315,000 IS a lot of miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier