This is the begining

KELLEVRA

Observer
So it has been a while since I posted. I thought I would update you guys. Since the last time I posted I've been upgrading a little.
dads phone 1421.jpg
Jims phone 3-8-14 2546.jpg
Jims phone 3-8-14 2550.jpg
Jims phone 3-8-14 2551.jpg
Jims phone 3-8-14 2554.jpg
Jims phone 3-8-14 2553.jpg
Jims phone 3-8-14 2552.jpg
Jims phone 3-8-14 2558.jpg

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Gotta love the older fords. Tough and reliable. Not to mention how easy it is to swap parts between vehicles. Did you ever do the coil spring install? You can probably get spring buckets off an F250/150 and just bolt them in.

Even so, unless you're doing some serious off roading, I don't think you'll need to change the springs. By 97' Ford had worked out all the bugs from the leaf spring suspension, so I'm sure your TTB will be fine. Oh, and as a little fun fact, so long as you're not jumping, the TTB actually has better corner handling as well in turns on both dirt and pavement. The TTB was designed so the wheels stay flat, or perpendicular to the road surface, even when the vehicle rocks. Independent suspension doesn't do that. By keeping the tires perpendicular to the ground, the TTB provides better traction and handling. No fancy computer gadgetry needed.

KELLEVRA

Observer
I really hate computers. My wife's laptop will let me upload my pictures but not post them, and my desktop will let me post but not upload.....augh....:violent-smiley-031:

I will try to post more pictures later.

Attachments

• 4-15-14 070.jpg
    4-15-14 070.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 4

KELLEVRA

Observer
Ok... that picture that slipt through was suposed to be accomponied by a couple others to give you an idea of what the heck I am up to. Since the camper is 10' and the bed is only 8' I had to figure out a way to support the overhang. Alaskan campers(espesially a 1958 Alaskan) need all the support you can give them, so I extended the bed for extra support and move my hitch to the rear. That left me with some space that needed to be filled. I originally was going to add some more boxes on to the sides, but then thought of spare tire placement. Instead of a tire carrier on the rear (that always seems to be in the way) I mounted my 2 spares on the sides of the camper. Worked out kinda nice.

KELLEVRA

Observer
4-15-14 076.jpg
spraying some sealer on the tops of the boxes

4-15-14 078.jpg
lift not tall enough,...truck too tall......somethings gotta give

4-15-14 081.jpg
thanks to Stauhn deflators.....problem solved

4-15-14 082.jpg
since I put this lift in to accommodate jeeps it was quite a tight squeeze to get the alaskan on the truck

Last edited:

KELLEVRA

Observer
So this is where Im at in the build...
lots done... lots more to do...
4-15-14 084.jpg

4-15-14 087.jpg

4-15-14 086.jpg

4-15-14 085.jpg

additional goals...
roof rack like my old one to accommodate my fuel cans, lights, antennas, 2 high lift jacks, PA speaker, and space for more gear
install a custom made dash with in dash computer (which I believe im going to use a Samsung tablet with Torque pro app) for all my basic needs (IE: speedo, tach, fuel consumption rate, water temp), ham, and cb radios, pyrometer, temp. gauges for everything that turns, rotates, spins, flows, and blows.
and the list just keeps growing the more I sit here and think about it so ill keep you informed.

and thank you to all who offered encouragement...:)

ftballman125

Looks great! With the service body, the Alaskan, and all the supplies on a SRW vehicle... how do you think you'll be doing in terms of GVW?

KELLEVRA

Observer
Looks great! With the service body, the Alaskan, and all the supplies on a SRW vehicle... how do you think you'll be doing in terms of GVW?

Thank you very much. It has been a long time coming. As far as GVW I plan on scaling it on my trip this weekend. We are going on a short run up to Big Pine, and the Bristlecone forrest. It will be the first run in this configuration. Wish me luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles