This is my m416B1 Rescue Thread

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
Sweet......I have seen guys use old Jeep tailgates that look great...I will shoot some pictures of my trailer today to further explain my homebuilt to add stability to cutting a tailgate into a m416 or m100.

Digglesby

Sweet......I have seen guys use old Jeep tailgates that look great...I will shoot some pictures of my trailer today to further explain my homebuilt to add stability to cutting a tailgate into a m416 or m100.

That would be awesome and much appreciated. It’s definitely on my list to get done. It just hasn’t quite made it to the top of the list yet. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HendersonJL

@Digglesby Thanks for posting your M416 build. I am a new member with the forum and recently acquired an old rusted M416 with the hope of restore it into a overlander with RTT and such :)

I am a total novice at this, and phase I is already kicking my behind.... haha!

heres a picture of the M416 in its original glory :)

M416.jpg

HendersonJL

I hope so too!

I see that you replaced the floor with diamond plate? Did you have to cut the original floor out first and welded the diamond plate in?

Digglesby

I hope so too!

I see that you replaced the floor with diamond plate? Did you have to cut the original floor out first and welded the diamond plate in?

Ha. No. That’s actually a rubber mat I bought at Home Depot and placed on the floor. No welding required for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HendersonJL

oh Cool!!! the floor on mine is rusted out at the front ... big hole... and I probably have to replace the floor, and am looking at what people have done.

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
oh Cool!!! the floor on mine is rusted out at the front ... big hole... and I probably have to replace the floor, and am looking at what people have done.
Cut the floor out, but leave 1/4-1/2 inch lip all the way around. Have a piece of sheet metal (12 to 14 gauge) cut to the dimensions of the floor (72 x 41 if I remember correctly). Drop it in and tack weld it. add some seam sealer and it should be good. Did that with one of my 416 projects a few years ago. Takes a beating and is solid. cost less than 100 at the time.

HendersonJL

@Digglesby @Flyfishjeep please help! ?
As I mentioned earlier, phase I, separating the frame from the tub was already kicking my butt.
How many bolts are there to separate the tub from the frame? I only see 5; three on each cross bar on the bottom and one on each side up towards the front?
There’s a possibility the rust has fused them together lol.

thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 8BB5CFA4-6A97-4B4F-8734-15FD1D279636.jpeg
    8BB5CFA4-6A97-4B4F-8734-15FD1D279636.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 2D2BA8AC-CEE2-431D-9BC6-08FD68F8DA8B.jpeg
    2D2BA8AC-CEE2-431D-9BC6-08FD68F8DA8B.jpeg
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 35

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
There may also be tabs that use the bolts (u bolts) along the front as well. They can be hard to see unless you look underneath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles