This is a cool E-Truck

Recommended books for Overlanding

Project Ecarus

Hi everyone. We're excited that Expedition Portal now has a dedicated section for electric vehicles - excellent move! We had previously posted here: https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/building-a-solar-powered-off-road-truck-based-on-a-712m-pinzgauer.209241/page-2#post-2683740.
Not sure if we should move the thread into the EV section now?

In any case, we thought we'd chime in here with an electric off-road truck of our own making (which we think is pretty cool, if we may say so ourselves, ehem). We've been field testing it for two months now and we're hoping to do an overland expedition with a solar-powered 6x6 version of it this summer. If you'd like to find out more, there's a recap of our experiences so far: www.projectecarus.com/blog

For those interested, you can find targeted vehicle specs for the solar-powered 6x6 expedition version here: www.projectecarus.com/vehicle

Let us know if you have any feedback or comments for us. We'd love to hear your thoughts!

field test 1_web.jpgFied test 2_web.jpgField test 3_web.jpg

billiebob

My Uncle drove a government issued Jeep in Europe
Hi everyone. We're excited that Expedition Portal now has a dedicated section for electric vehicles - excellent move! We had previously posted here: https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/building-a-solar-powered-off-road-truck-based-on-a-712m-pinzgauer.209241/page-2#post-2683740.
Not sure if we should move the thread into the EV section now?

In any case, we thought we'd chime in here with an electric off-road truck of our own making (which we think is pretty cool, if we may say so ourselves, ehem). We've been field testing it for two months now and we're hoping to do an overland expedition with a solar-powered 6x6 version of it this summer. If you'd like to find out more, there's a recap of our experiences so far: www.projectecarus.com/blog

For those interested, you can find targeted vehicle specs for the solar-powered 6x6 expedition version here: www.projectecarus.com/vehicle

Let us know if you have any feedback or comments for us. We'd love to hear your thoughts!

View attachment 565196View attachment 565197View attachment 565198
STOKED !! ABSOLUTELY STOKED !!!

There have been many electric conversions over the years, many based on VW Porsche products since the layout is ideal for a conversion. The electric motor bolts onto the transaxle, there never was a rad or cooling system to worry about, and the batteries just drop into the spot the gas tank was.

Anything can be converted but the Pingauzer must be one of the best, starting with an incredibly capable vehicle that is pretty tough and capable. If gasoline disappears, I really hope this market for e-power conversions explodes. I'd love a electric TJ.

ps, that e thing that started this thread looks like ****.

billiebob

My Uncle drove a government issued Jeep in Europe
Spock would be proud.
haahaahaaaa

Remember Dick Tracy.....
October 4, 1931, Gould wrote and drew the strip until 1977.... this was the 1960s.... when I was a comics fan.
Only difference, the Apple version is smaller.
dicktracy.jpg