Thinking of buying land cruiser 100

Montero_expert

Hey everyone, thinking of getting a daily, land cruiser 100, but i wanna put like super simple lift, maybe an inch or so, nothing crazy and some bigger wheels, what size would be the best without re gearing, 32s? 33s? Thanks

Hey everyone, thinking of getting a daily, land cruiser 100, but i wanna put like super simple lift, maybe an inch or so, nothing crazy and some bigger wheels, what size would be the best without re gearing, 32s? 33s? Thanks

You can fit 285/75 tires (~33 inch tall) on the stock 100 Series suspension. The stock 16 inch wheels are best for off-road use with smaller diameter tires (30 - 35 inch.)

The UZJ100/LX470 is a great platform for light/medium 4 wheeling; even better for "overlanding/expedition trips.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Just be aware parts are getting hard to come by-well maintained examples are real expensive- 25k plus. Check for rust as most of them in the cheaper range have it. As for gearing- mine runs on 33s, front and rear bumpers and it’s not regeared and I don’t plan on a re-gear.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
100 Series is great, but finding clean low mile examples is getting harder and harder. 33’s are a breeze with little to no modifications needed. Good luck with your search.

Montero_expert

Just be aware parts are getting hard to come by-well maintained examples are real expensive- 25k plus. Check for rust as most of them in the cheaper range have it. As for gearing- mine runs on 33s, front and rear bumpers and it’s not regeared and I don’t plan on a re-gear.
Yeah, that is very true, I found one recently for 19k, 180k miles, checked for carfax, and it never says for timing belt job, however, there is a sticker that says it has been done, so idk, kinda weird

Montero_expert

Yeah, i got myself a montero, that will be sas and on 37s later, (for now 35s and IFS), but that's a offroad rig only, can be used as a daily but its no bueno, so getting a land cruiser for a daily, put of course I have to put a little bigger tires and a little lift (lol)

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Yeah, that is very true, I found one recently for 19k, 180k miles, checked for carfax, and it never says for timing belt job, however, there is a sticker that says it has been done, so idk, kinda weird
Hopefully they have receipts. If you have a sas montero then the cruiser is a cakewalk..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles